chapter 3

"eek- she rose from the dead. she's a zombie! kageyama, hide me!"

"a zombie?! where?"

because of hinata's sudden statement, y/n began to frantically look around for the said monsters. is this really the end of the world?

however even with her shocked reaction she wasn't even feeling an ounce of fear within her, if anything, this was the moment she had most prepared for. imma need a shotgun and a good hiding spot with elevation!

tsukishima and yamaguchi deadpanned at what was happening in front of them. the bike girl who was
assumed to passed out earlier was now persuading them to climb a nearby tree while kageyama continued to push hinata away from him.

"guys, we don't have enough time! our only savior is mother nature, now go climb that tree!" the h/c haired girl ran closer to a tree, beggining to climb it as she struggled.

on the other hand, kageyama was struggling with another situation.

"boke, get off of me! stop it!"

hinata was the one climbing over him, trying to hide himself from the zombie-bike-clumsy-delivery girl who made ukai mad at her or whatever term she was even called. all hinata knows that, he needs to be safe from that entity. after all, zombies really gives him the jitters.

'i heard they like to eat brains that aren't use very much, unlike those smart people brains that are all too wrinkley and stuff.... i'm sure, i'll be dead.'

only thinking about them makes his whole body shiver.

"i'm leaving."

"tsu-tsuki! where are you going?" yamaguchi called out to the blond boy who was now about to leave the chaotic group, in which the boy he called upon didn't bother to look back at them.

honestly, we can't blame the dude. he had enough of school and volleyball practice and now this? poor man can't even catch a break.

"hey, french fry! don't leave the area, you might attract some unwanted attention!" y/n noticed a certain someone leaving. she was now sitting on a tree branch looking down at the group of boys below.

who she calling french fry? hinata thought to himself as he got off of kageyama. he looked at the girl above them before following her gaze which was targeted at tsukishima. there he imagined tsukishima as a french fry, in his all fried and glory.

he tried to stifle a laugh as a thought in his head appeared.

'tall, blonde, and salty.'

"pfft..."

tobio who was dusting himself off because of a certain orange-head, looked at the said ginger in a strange manner. what the fuck is he giggling for?

tadashi was all weirded out to what was happening in front of him; a girl hangging on a tree like a predator hunting for meal for the day and a boy who looks constipated as shit while angrily looking at a giggling maniac. he should get out of this place, asap.

"it... it's getting late, guys. i'll go ahead and follow tsuki now. see 'ya tomo," yamaguchi awkwardly spoke as he left the three, running towards tsukishima who was now pretty far away from the place.

he didn't bother looking back as he tried the best he could to get away, hoping for far proximity away from the three.

"him too?! aren't they scared of the zombies?" the h/c haired girl exclaimed outloud, rubbing her forehead in pure distress. surely, these boys don't know how dangerous this situation is.

y/n decided to get off of the tree, jumping in order to reach the ground in the same process. the two remaining boys watched as she does so, amazed at how confidently she jumped up from that high position.

"woah! you're like a cat!" hinata exclaimed.

"who? me?" the h/c haired girl asked, dusting off her shirt.

"yeah, that was amazing! you were like swoosh- from that high then landed perfectly! right kageyama?" the orange head nudged the ravenette, making kageyama caught off guard.

"agreed— even though you had an accident earlier!" the boy straightened his posture, shouting his statement.

"oh, yes. i learned that trick from my cat, tobi." y/n answered the two while dusting off her shirt.

"anyways- where are the zombies you guys were talkin' about?"

kageyama raises an eyebrow towards hinata as he harshly patted the latter's back.

"o...oh! that was a false alarm! hehe," hinata said as he rubbed place which kageyama had put force on.

"we should split up now since it's y'know getting a bit late, uhm..." the boy continued, not knowing what was the girl's name.

"okay? then, what a waste of time," the girl muttered however the duo heard what she said. they were about to tell her something and ask for her name however they stopped as they saw the girl picking up her wonky bicycle.

the girl continued to ride it as she exited the place not looking back as she pedalled, leaving the duo behind.

the two remaining teenagers look at each other with a deadpanned expression. they didn't expect her to act like that after all of what happened. she really did seem to be disappointed at something however they didn't put no mind to it for a long time.

"i think we should walk now and go home, kageyama..."

"yeah, i think so too."

—and as if they shared braincells, the two shared a look before sprinting, both matching the pace of the other.