Epilogue

As a little girl, I always dreamed of the day I would get to put on my white poofy princess dress, and walk down the aisle to the love of my life.

Granted, I thought it was going to be young Leonardo DiCaprio for a while there, but still. Joshua was a strong second choice.

Obviously, I'm joking. I've imagined what marrying Joshua would be like ever since he took my chips and asked me to be his friend over fifteen years ago. I have been in love with him for so long, I don't remember what life was like before I loved him.

And I wasn't planning on ever finding out what that would be like.

So when he took me to Paris a few months ago, booked a romantic boat ride along the Seine and got down on one knee right as we were passing by the sparkling Eiffel at night, I couldn't say yes fast enough.

The boat nearly flipped over with how fast I jumped him.

I'd been waiting for him to ask for months. He kept dropping subtle hints, so every time he took me out somewhere, I made sure my nails and make-up were done, and my dress was cute.

But of course, with my luck, I was wearing jeans and a hoodie that particular night on the boat.

In his defense, he didn't know he was going to ask me on the boat. Apparently, the big weirdo had been pocketing the ring for weeks, just waiting for the perfect moment to ask.

He knows that he could've asked me to marry him in the back of a pick-up truck and I would still say yes. But he wanted to make it special.

And I love him for that.

We couldn't wait to be married, so we started planning the day we were back home from Europe.

So here we are.

The room is a flurry of activity, with my bridesmaids fluttering around me like colorful butterflies, each one meticulously tending to their designated task. The air is filled with laughter and excitement, a tangible energy that seems to infuse every corner of the room.

Soyana finely applies the finishing touches to my makeup, her steady hands a comforting front against my skin. Meanwhile, Jenn weaves her magic into my hair, crafting intricate twists and curls that cascade down my back in a waterfall of elegance.

Ivana fusses over my dress, ensuring every seam is perfect and every fold falls just right. Her attention to detail is unparalleled, and I'm grateful for her expertise. Isabella, on the other hand, is inside the church, overseeing the final preparations and ensuring that everything is set up flawlessly. She's the glue that holds our operation together, and I couldn't imagine going through this day without her.

Without all four of them.

''You look insane.'' Soyana steps back, looking me over. ''Joshua is going to freak,''

Ivana fusses over my dress, but looks up smiling. ''Freak, I am telling you.''

''Thank you guys,'' I mumble before I start crying and Soyana punches me in the tits for having to restart my makeup. ''I never could've done this without you all.''

''Of course you could,'' Jenn laughs, fussing with my hair. ''You would've looked a mess, but you could.''

The room breaks out in laughter, and so do I.

''Shut up,'' I shake my head, looking up so I don't get tears streaming down my face.

''Wouldn't matter anyway,'' Ivana notes. ''That man would take you to the courthouse and marry you in a potato sack if he could.''

The butterflies in my stomach start roaring. ''He would, wouldn't he?''

Soyana makes a croaky noise. ''You people in love.''