Revenge 4/?

A/N: I am so sorry it's taken so long! On the bright side, my phone didn't explode and I got it replaced! Anyways, enjoy!

You woke up late the next day. The alarm clock on your nightstand read '11:42', which is now your second latest time sleeping in after arriving at your dads. A few rays of sun managed to find their way through your closed curtains but that wasn't what woke you up. As you lay there, wondering why you had awoken, there was a knock on your door.

"Y/N? Are you still sleeping?" Your father asked, knocking once again. You grumpily stumbled out of bed and opened the door.

"I was sleeping." You mumbled, crossing your arms. Your father didn't look apologetic at all as he mimicked your position, crossing his arms.

"Well, me and Mari have some errands to run. Don't forget to eat breakfast." He turned to leave before reappearing in the doorway. "Oh yeah! Mari's son is here so don't be alarmed if you see him. And be nice!" 

"I am nice!" You yelled, grumbling as you curled back into your sheets.

You tried to fall asleep again but you just couldn't. Now that you were awake, you were too awake to go back to sleep but too sleepy to get up. You compromised by just laying there, listening as the front door shut and the sound of your dad's car left the driveway.

About 20 minutes later you started to smell something really good. Was someone making pancakes or waffles or something? That was enough to rouse you before you remembered your dad's warning. You decided your pajamas were fine and you didn't feel like changing.

As you started to descend the stairs you could hear someone moving around the kitchen. You could hear someone humming as they worked. It was clearly a guy but the voice sounded vaguely familiar to you.

It was only once you peeked into the kitchen did your eyes widen. Mari's mysterious son was the same guy you'd sat next to on the train. The one you'd have a very in depth conversation with about his dead friend(?). He'd never fully elaborated on how he'd known the dead kid. Maybe he mentored him.

It was at that moment that he turned around his eyes lighting up as he set his spatula aside.

"Well well well, isn't this a lovely surprise." He grinned, waving you over. "Well, come sit down. I made waffles."

-------------

"Maybe its fate!" Your dad joked that night at dinner. Bill was more than happy to explain where the two of you had met, omitting your conversation topic. You nervously laughed, feeling a little uncomfortable with the idea.

You were used to being an only child. Bill seemed nice but a little overbearing. You really were missing your mom right about now. Maybe you should text her later, even if it might take her a bit to respond with the time difference. Or you should set up a time to call...

"Y/N?" You snapped back to the conversation. Your dad was giving you a look before he sighed. "Your mom called me. Don't forget to get your summer homework done at some point."

Ah, no wonder he was so interested in playing family. He must've taken the call outside and even then its a wonder you didn't hear them screaming at each other. After those calls he always insisted on acting like the perfect family for a day or two as if he could rub it in your mom's face from across the country.

In all honesty your mom didn't care but it made things extra weird for you for a while. Bill didn't seem to mind at all, easily blending into the facade of happy family. Maybe he was more used to it because Mari had always blended in as well. 

"Well, I guess I'll go get started on it. Thank you for dinner." You practically dashed from the dining room before anyone could object. After washing your dish you went back to secluding yourself in your room. You'd just started, begrudgingly, pulling out the homework when there was a knock at your door.

"Hey, Y/N. Can I come in?" It was Bill, who didn't wait before opening your door a crack. He looked around your room for a second before focusing on you. "Your dad wanted me to let you know that you can come to me if you need help with anything, okay?"

You shrugged, sighing softly when he left and closed your door again. This would be a very long summer.