The girl in the photo.

The moon was up in the sky, and the wind howled against the palace's walls. The town was quiet, and everyone was sleeping. Well, of course, someone normal.

"Sissy!" Vanya whispered quietly in the dark, and Estrella groaned, covering her ears with a pillow.

"Leave me alone." She muttered angrily, but Vanya grabbed her hand and tugged at it. "No, come on," Vanya persisted, pulling her out of bed. "I need your help with something." Estrella raised her hand, feeling rage in her veins, but she dropped it when Vanya thought she wanted to hug her, placing her head on her shoulder. Estrella gazed frustratedly at her own hand.

She was about to hit Vanya.

God, now she feels terrible.

She took her hand with her smaller one, and Vanya pulled her out of bed, Estrella yawning loudly. "What is it?" She groggily muttered as she followed Vanya out of the room. "I want you to show me more of the palace. I liked the library today. I want to see more."

Estrella sighed through her nose, irritated.

"I don't know anything about that demolished place." She uttered, annoyed, but Vanya smiled at her softly, her blue eyes sparkling with faith. "We can discover it together!" Estrella couldn't resist Vanya's enthusiasm and nodded reluctantly, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips. As they walked through the corridors, Estrella felt so irritated.

They carefully passed the kitchen, making sure no servants would see them, and they walked into the tiny hall, hushed.

There was a door separating the hallway from the stairs that led to the demolished part of the palace. Estrella didn't understand that. Why was there a door to separate it if it was a single palace?

The new palace was situated in the front, and the other part was far in the back.

Perhaps Henry kept it for more storage.

Estrella pressed the handle, and the door clicked. She grabbed Vanya's arm and dragged her inside, shutting the door quietly behind them. They stepped onto the old red carpet and walked forward towards the stairs that still remained after more than half of the palace was destroyed.

Vanya tripped, and Estrella caught her, wrapping her arms around her middle. "Are you okay?" She asked her softly, and the girl nodded, smiling at her.

Her irritation seemed to leave completely when Vanya took her hand and led her up the stairs.

The first room on the left is where Beverly, Max, and Jane had slept that night; they knew that. And in front of them was the tall corridor that led to the library.

Vanya pointed to the corridor on the right. "Can we go there?" Estrella hesitated for a moment before nodding, curious about what they might find. This part sided with Vanya's room, and thus it was less destroyed.

It was almost intact.

Estrella smiled. Vanya was eager to discover more, and she looked so silly; it was awesome.

They stopped.

There were doors on each side of the walls that probably led to rooms. Vanya giggled and dragged her sister with her, opening the first door on the right.

Inside, they found a small study room with bookshelves lining the walls, filled with dusty old books. There was also a desk with a lot of files on it, and there was a lantern there. Estrella entered with a small smile on her face.

There was a map of the whole kingdom in front of the desk above, fixed on the wall, with all of the names of locations vampires had discovered over time. There was a rounded window on the left, so large that it allowed moonlight to shine upon the desk. The glass resembled a rose, a bit wider in the interior and curved towards the outside; a small sofa fit in that curvature.