CHAPTER 8 - The first date (part 2)

3rd person pov :

They had completed their breakfast and Ankitha wanted them to arrange the table but her atha insisted that they will do everything and she told her to take Shrey out. So Anki agreed and went to Shrey,

"Let's go ?", she aked holding her hand out. And Shrey took it, they went to her scooty, "Are we going on a 2 wheeler, Anki ?", Shrey asked with uncertainty and Ankitha handed him a helmet.

"Yes, we are. Car would be a poor option because number 1, chennai traffic. Number 2, outsiders can definitely see us through", she reasoned and Shrey nodded.

Ankitha started the vehicle and Shrey sat back

"Anki?"

"Hm?"

"Um, can I keep my hands on your shoulder ?", He asked

"You can, Yash", Ankitha said with a small chuckle.

And they started from there.

"Ankitha, you drive really well", Shrey said.

"Thanks, love", she replied in a tone that shrey always uses.

"Mention not, love", he replied in the same tone with a smile.

Here we are, first stop DUMOUNT CAFÉ

They went in and Ankitha had booked the whole private lounge just for them.

"What do you want, Yash?"

"Cappucino"

"And a cold coffee for me", Ankitha said to the staff and he nodded and went out.

"Ankitha, booking a whole lounge would have been expensive", Shrey said.

"Oh, come on Yash. I never had any boyfriends to go on a date with and I haven't spent anything, so let me spend for my fiancé na", Anki said

"You never had boyfriends ?", Shrey asked, genuinely shocked.

"Nope, no one had the courage in school and college days, you know, I was a daughter of an assistant commissioner. When I came into the industry, many of them asked me out but I declined everyone, it was all the red flags from Bollywood..so I kept on declining them", Anki said

"Then how did you trusted me, Anki ?", Shrey asked, their hands intertwined.

"Because, you made me trust you, you were so gentle with with me Yash, you respected my privacy, you always made sure if I'm comfortable around you, comfortable in skinship, everything you did showed how much you gave importance to my space, you gave importance to my opinions, my parents, my gang, and I could sense that you are being very careful and gentle in handling me, so I know you are the one, Shrey", Anki said and hearing it from her made Shrey feel special.

He gently squeezed their interwined hands and kissed her forehead. Both of them were enjoying the moment, that feeling of being loved, being their for each other, caring for each other, protecting each other.

The staff knocked their cubicle before coming in and he left placing their drinks on the table.

"Anki, I want to share..my past", Shray said

"Yash, that's fine. You don't have to rush just because I asked so", Anki said but Shrey shooked his head.

"I don't want to keep you in dark, love. This is the time, in 5 days. We are getting engaged and we will be busy in choosing dresses, rings and everything. But promise me, that you won't judge me", he asked like a kid.

"Yash, definitely not, I won't judge you", Ankitha assured.

"So the first girl in my love life was Shanaya, we met through a sports event, after the event, we met each other quite often but we were just catching up as friends that time. She proposed me and me being ghe stupid fellow agreed , we went on dates

We met often, we would talk on phonesz we say 'I love you's for every single sentence. But that wasn't even love. It was just some infatuation. I never felt right with her. Something in the corner of my heart said it is not right.

When she met my parents, she was utterly rude and Shreshtha never liked her. She was that type who rules everything around her. She wants to show off everything she have. She never respected my privacy, she would walk into my room without knocking. She throws herself on me sometimes. She wanted to go public, she wanted to show off that she is dating a cricketer but I denied.

I refused to go public because the day she was rude to my parents, I knew she wouldn't be the one for me. She fought but came back. We were on a party, Harry's birthday party and she came with me. We were not that drunk, but she forced me on drinking.

I acted like I drank the shots that she gave me. She booked a room in the same hotel, and she took me there. She forced me onto her. And thankfully I was on my sense to refuse. She was furious and stormed out of there. I was just 21 at that time, Anki. I don't wanted to do' that' at that young age, I followed her to her home, to talk things out. But when I went in I saw shanaya with her bestfriend, both of them naked in their bed, eating each other's face.

That was it, then I never wanted to see her, I was feeling ashamed, you know. Someone cheated me on my back and I was totally unaware about it", Shrey completed.

Ankitha didn't say a word, she just hugged him tightly and Shrey hiding his face in the crook of her neck, slightly sobbing.

"Sh ! Yash, you know what..She doesn't deserve your tears babe. The one who should be crying is her, she just lost a gem and I'm not planning on giving it back. It is MINE now", she cooed and rubbed his back, hearing thish Shrey smiled.

"You know two people helped out of that phase", Shrey said

"Who are they?"

"One is Shardh and another one is YOU"

"Me?", Ankitha asked in a surprised tone

"Remember, you debuted at that time"

"Ohhhh!", she said in realisation

"Yep, your voice was my medicine, my drugs, Anki. I'm not even kidding. I would listen to your voice for 24 hours straight. And you and Shardh helped me get back to normal", He said kissing their interwined hands.

"Now, now it's been an hour. come we have another place to visit before luch", Ankitha said getting up

"At your service, mi'lady", Shrey said with a teasing smile and they left to their next destination.

Author's note : Really sorry that I was caught up in my sem exams, so as an apology i have published 2 chapters. As i have my holidays now, I will try to upload more often 

buuhhhh byyeee~