One

I pushed my enormous box into the elevator. I sighed and pressed the button the led to floor three. When the door opened, I began pushing again. (The box was too heavy for me to even lift.) I finally made it to my new apartment door. I fished for the key in the back pocket, and fumbled around with it until I shoved it into the lock.

I heard a door open and close behind me.

"Hey, uh, I couldn't help but notice you having trouble moving your box," he said.

I turned around to find a rather tall guy, brown hair, and big brown eyes. He wore a plaid dress shirt, and chestnut colored khakis. His smile was bright, illuminating all the darkness in my life.

"Oh yeah," I laughed. "You don't have to help me. I think I got it."

"You don't need help? I saw you pushing this box down the hall," he replied, pointing down the hallway.

I smirked. "Well, I may need a little help."

He nodded. "Alrighty then."

I turned the knob and the door opened to reveal my new (and currently empty) apartment.

The man picked up my box without hesitation and placed into in the middle of the floor. He put his hands on his hips and took a peek around the apartment.

"Nice place you got here," he noted.
"Yeah, thanks," I agreed.

"Got any more boxes?" He asked, walking back to the doorway where I was standing.

"In my car," I answered while we stepped out of the apartment. He nodded and we began to head towards the elevator.

"I'm so sorry," he said, slapping his hand on his forehead. He then put the same hand through his perfect hair. "I'm Kurt."

He extended out his hand, and I shook it.

"I'm Sam," I told him.

Kurt let go of my hand as we reached the elevator.

"So, why did you decide to live here?" Kurt wondered.

I pushed the button that leads to the ground floor.

"I actually used to live in Chicago, but I wanted to get a job writing for movies or television shows here in LA," I explained.

Kurt listened to everything I had to say. He was so engaged in the conversation.

"What do you do for a living?" I asked, wondering about his life. We strolled out to my little 2012 Ford Focus.

"I actually have my own company. Well, my buddies and I, anyway. Nick Kurt Dale, Incorporated, ever heard of it?" He inquired.

I thought for a moment. "Can't say that I have," I answered.

Maybe I'll show you around the office one day," Kurt suggested.

I popped open the trunk, and Kurt immediately began unloading my belongings. We both grabbed a box (and this time I grabbed the more smaller one).

After traveling back and forth to my car, Kurt and I finally finished bringing the boxes up to the apartment.

"I'm guessing you probably don't need help unpacking?" He questioned while standing up from where he was kneeling down.

"Nope," I giggle.

"Alright, well I'll see you later. I'm across the hall if you need anything," Kurt replied.

"Hey," I said, walking towards him. "Thank you."

"No problem."

Kurt was just about to leave, but then he decided to ask me something else.

"Hey, would you maybe want to go see the sights tomorrow? Since you're new to LA and all, I'll show you every restaurant and every store you need to visit," Kurt explained, smiling a bit.

I thought for a moment.

"Well, Kurt, if it's not too much trouble, I would love to go see the sights with you tomorrow. As long as we get food and I get to know you a little better, neighbor," I answered, nudging him.

"Just come and knock on my door when you're ready tomorrow," he said with a wink.

He was too cute.

"Will do, Kurt," I agreed.

And with that, he strolled out to the nearest elevator and was gone.

I started undoing all the boxes.

Kitchen Supplies

Books

Movies

Bathroom Supplies

Clothes

Suddenly, I stumbled upon a sticky note attached to one of the cardboard boxes.

It read: "Ever need a late night conversation? Call Kurt. ;)"

His number followed the message. I rolled my eyes as I read it.

I shook my head and entered his number into my phone.

I typed: "Hey Kurt, it's Sam. Just letting you know I found your sneaky note on my box. See you tomorrow. :)"

I tapped the send button and almost instantly got a reply.

"Oh hey, Sam! Glad I got your number. :)"

I couldn't wait until tomorrow.