What Just Happened?

Sandor sat at his desk with Ned Stark's daughter in his arms. He'd swore to protect her, but he'd never felt the need to protect anyone before. He'd just met this girl, but felt a strong connection to her. He shook his head and gave a low chuckle.

"What's funny?" She looked up at him with those crazy blue eyes.

She must've realized how she wrapped her arms around a man she had just met, and him no less, and unwrapped her arms from his torso.

"Nothing. Are you ok?"

"Yeah...I'll be fine. He probably didn't mean it anyway. He's always getting mad."

Sandor started shaking with anger. "He did mean it, and he better not do it again."

"You don't need to worry about me. You don't even know me, I'm used to taking care of myself."

She looked down at her feet, and sighed. Sandor's heart clenched at the thought of what she must have gone through.

"You don't need to worry about that anymore. I will do whatever I can for you. I swear it."

"Why?"

It took Sandor a while to answer. "Because...I feel like I need too. Not because you look like it, I don't really understand myself."

"Just don't get hurt. I can't have anyone get hurt because of me."

Sandor laughed, "Do I look like I get hurt easily?"

She laughed a small laugh, "No, not really." She looked at me, me, not my scars and that made my heart soar.

"What?"

She blushed and looked down. She must have not realized she was looking at me.

"Oh-uh, nothing. Sorry."

"Don't spout lies, little bird. I can snell a lie a mile away."

"Honestly?"

"Yep, and I'll know if you're lying."

"I was just-uh...thinking..."

"Spit it out."

"Thinking you're kind of handsome. I don't know. Sorry."

Sandor roared a laugh that made his side hurt.

"Stop laughing!"

Sansa's face got red and she crossed her arms. She was so pretty when she was mad.

"Sorry." Sandor tried to say through laughing. "It's just no one has said that to me before."

"Shut up. You're lying."

"I don't lie. I hate liars. Ever since my bro-" Sandor stopped mid sentence. He about told her about his brother.

"What we're you saying?"

"Nothing, let's get back to class."

Sandor stood up and opened the door for Sansa. She got up, looking down at her feet again, and walked before him back to the class. She stopped before opening the door and turned to him.

"Thank you for listening. And letting me cry on you."

"You don't need to thank me. Uh-do you want my number? I mean in case you need to talk to someone?"

"Sure." She got out her phone and handed it to him.

Sandor typed in his number and handed her phone back. She gave him a quick hug before going into class. Sandor shook his head, wondering how lucky he was.