The water running from the tap

Ni'mah's POV~

It was dad's idea. Mum still had doubt. But as soon as mum was discharged from the hospital after Anas was born, dad had already memorised the last four surahs/chapters of the Qur'an on me. Surah Nas, surah Falaq, surah Ikhlas and surah Masad. Dad was proud. I was happy and curious. Mum was shocked. I mean, I was only four years old. "Ni'mah," he exclaimed, leaning over from the rear window of the car to catch my eye. "Recite what I taught you!". His eyes shone like a candles light through a lantern. "Nas?", I asked and he nodded. "Qul a-", I started when he reminded me. "Bismillah, ni'mah?". "Oh yeah..." I turned pink and carried on. 

بِسْمِ ٱللَّٰهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ~

~ قُلۡ أَعُوذُ بِرَبِّ ٱلنَّاسِ ~ مَلِكِ ٱلنَّاس ~ إِلَٰهِ ٱلنَّاسِ ~ مِن شَرِّ ٱلۡوَسۡوَاسِ ٱلۡخَنَّاسِ ~ ٱلَّذِي يُوَسۡوِسُ فِي صُدُورِ ٱلنَّاسِ ~ مِنَ ٱلۡجِنَّةِ وَٱلنَّاسِ

~ In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful ~ 

Say: "I seek refuge with (Allah) the Lord of mankind, ~ The King of mankind, ~ The Ilah (God) of mankind, ~ From the evil of the whisperer (devil who whispers evil in the hearts of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one's heart after one remembers Allah), ~ Who whispers in the breasts of mankind, ~ Of Jinns and men." 

And so I read and read and read. I read the 4 small surahs so fluently like water running from a tap. Or honey pouring from a jar. Not one mistake. And with that, mum saw my potential. Her doubt had all gone and all she could see now was my Akhirah and their Akhirah. And it looked beautiful. 

----------------------------------------

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh! I hope you are all doing good ♥  how did you like this chapter? I rly liked it 😊... comment if you did too! until next time ma'Assalam ♥ ♥ ♥