☁°˚∘⊹ℝ𝕦𝕟𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℝ𝕖𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘⊹∘˚°☁

☁°˚∘⊹⊹∘˚°☁

Cassi had been carrying DogDay on her back for most of the journey back to the top of the PlayCare. Both DogDay and Pasha had tried to convince her to do otherwise, but she had said that she was fine. Pasha wasn't sure that was true, but he knew better than to try and change her mind. Once they found a safe enough place to rest, Cassi set down DogDay near the wall and slid down to a sitting position herself while Pasha sat down on the floor across from her and DogDay.
"We should stop here to rest. Just for a bit at least. And I'm not taking no for an answer." He leaned back on his hands and looked specifically at Cassi, knowing she'd try and refuse. She looked conflicted for a moment before sighing and leaning her head back against the wall.

"Fine." She mumbled, crossing her arms. "But that means you too." She said looking at him while he waved his hand around,
"Yeah yeah of course." he replied, sitting forward again. DogDay had seemed to already be asleep, laying on the ground next to Cassi with his head resting in his arms. She looked down at the dog before placing a hand on her head and sifting her fingers through the fur on his head gently.
"Poor guy...He's still bleeding badly as well." She looked from DogDay's torn open torso then to Pasha who furrowed his brow and looked down at the ground.
"Do you have any idea where his legs might be? Maybe they weren't destroyed, and we could find them?" Pasha asked as he leaned forward and spoke in a quiet tone so as to not wake the sleeping dog. Cassi hummed in thought, continuing to run her fingers through the orange fur on his head carefully, detangling any knots or clumps of bloodied fur that were stuck together that her fingers ran into.

"I'm not sure where they'd be. Are you suggesting that we go look?" She looked back up at Pasha from her previous gaze on DogDay. Pasha hesitated before nodding.
"Yes. I think it would be a good idea to at least look. Right?" He started to rub the scars on his arms as he spoke. She noticed this, placing a hand over his so he would stop messing with the scars.
"Yeah, I think we should." She said as she gave him a small smile and he returned it.
"Ok then, it's a plan. But how do we get past the plush critters?"
"Oh well uh," Cassi thought about this for a moment before a lightbulb went off in her mind. She got up, carefully removing her leg from being a resting wall for DogDays head with an apologetic look at the hound, before moving to grab a shard of glass from the ground.

"What are you doing?" Pasha asked, tilting his head at her as she pressed the glass to her palm.
"They like blood right? I'm making a distraction." she then cut her hand with the glass with a wince and tore off a piece of her shirt underneath her jacket soaking that with the crimson liquid running down her hand.
"Oookkk, that was kind of extreme." Pasha muttered.
"Distraction." Cassi simply said, walking back to him with the blood soaked piece of fabric clutched in her hand.
"You sure it won't get infected?" He pointed at the cut on her palm and she shrugged,
"We'll see I suppose,"
"Ok well that's not a great response but whatever." he stood up and readied the flare gun hand.
"Let's go then."

☁°˚∘⊹⊹∘˚°☁

Walking through the dark tunnels with the only source of light being two flashlights strapped to their shoulders was unnerving to say the least (but what hasn't been at this point?). Especially with the giggles and gurgles coming from every dark corner. Cassi clutched the fabric in her hand, trying to hide it as best as she could, but the scent of blood seemed to draw the critters out of their hiding more than if she hadn't brung it. Still, she was sure that it would be able to help them somehow. Pasha walked next to her, gripping the trigger of the flare gun as he glared at the critters he could see.

Turning her head, Cassi saw something orange fur poking out from the corner.
"Hey, over there!" She grabbed Pasha's arm and dragged him along with her to the pile of rubble encasing the orange thing, underneath fallen cement, rocks, and poles. She put the fabric in her mouth, cringing at the metal taste now on her tongue, and tugged on the rocks causing them to fall to the ground. Now they could see that underneath all the rubble was a pair of orange furred legs that were still, mostly, intact.
"Ha!" Pasha let out a laugh of both confusion and triumph at the fact that they had found what they were looking for. They both dug out the legs as they heard the chatter of the mini critters getting louder. Eventually they could pull out the legs without them getting caught on anything and they thumped to the ground in front of the duo.
"Let me carry them. You focus on the distraction." Pasha said as he lifted the legs from the ground and placed them securely on his GrabPack. She nodded and turned to look at the mini critters creeping out of the holes in the walls.