13

ıllıllı  𝙢𝙚𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙨𝙪𝙢𝙖 ıllıllı

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Kamado-san? How are you feeling?" Y/N walked into the recovery room rather nervous. She couldn't leave the estate just yet, considering there was still a true Hashira meeting meant to commence soon after. So, she decided she would check in on the welfare of the boy she tried to protect.

And as it turned out, he was taking residence along with two others. She had asked around for as much information on his group as possible from Shinobu and the kakushi. Turns out, there were actually quite a few that knew about the trio.

The crybaby lightning breather, the boar-head, and the kind boy with a scar on his head that carried his demon sister with him, no matter where he went.

As she continued to think about the group description, Y/N didn't know what everyone meant by a boy being boar-headed. She thought that it meant that he was stubborn, or hard to get past. Maybe he had an attitude. But Y/N had not expected to see a boy with a mask of a boar head.

Y/N glanced around the through the holes of her cat mask. Beds lined the walls with windows decorated with white drapes that were the color of daisies. Medicinal cabinets and pill containers were on the other side of the room. It smelled like clean linen with a tinge of remedial spices.

"O-oh! You're Chikyuu-sama, yes?" Kamado fumbled with the covers of his bed, standing up on wobbly legs. He rushed to her clumsily, and stopped 2 feet in front of her.

Y/N knew he was going to fall in milliseconds. His legs gave out, and just before he crumpled to the floor, Y/N hoisted him up by wrapping an arm around his waist. His face erupted into a furious red, much like mistletoe berries.

He steadied himself on the closest bed, and stood upright. After finally regaining his full composure, he swooped down into a 90-degree bow.

"Thank you for defending me and my sister, Chikyuu-sama! I am forever in your debt!" He stayed bent like that for a couple of awkward seconds. Y/N didn't know what to say, her fingers tapping themselves at her side.

"No need to thank me. I was simply... doing what was right. I have faith in your sister, Kamado-san." She smiled gently, and he stood up. He trembled a little, but smiled back.

She smells like flowers and honey. And petrichor. I can smell her reluctance to talk... isn't she a Hashira?

"Well, no matter, because you helped us when no one else agreed— except for Giyuu-san. But he already knew us and had seen my sister protect me. You had true hope and faith. That's not something you come across often, Chikyuu-sama." His eyes were glued on the details of her mask.

"Well, sometimes, we just need to have a little bit of faith, Kamado-san." She was debating whether or not to leave. She felt like there wasn't much else to talk about. But right before she was going to turn and walk out, he spoke up.

"U-um, Chikyuu-sama, if you don't mind me asking, what Hashira are you? And please, call me Tanjiro." He smiled a real, genuine smile. And Y/N immediately felt at ease. He couldn't be that much younger than her. Maybe even the same age— yet he had a couple of centimeters on her. Her heart swelled.

"I am the Nature Hashira." She stated bluntly.

"Nature... I have never met a nature breather!"

"Because I'm the only one."

"Oh."

The silence was deafening. Had she been to curt? She felt she had overstayed her welcome.

"Excuse me, Tanjiro-san, but I need to-"