11

ıllıllı   𝙧𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙚𝙧 ıllıllı

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Do you remember?"

What is there to remember?

I don't remember.

It's sweet. Too sweet— sickly sweet. The kind that gets stuck on your teeth and leaves a bad taste on your tongue for hours. Bittersweet.

"You shameless devil.. You selfish, shameless bastard!"

I remember.

Do I remember?

It was cold. So, so cold. So relentlessly chilly, that I felt the fingers of ice itself wrap around my spine and pull me away from any warmth.

"O-out! Get out!"

No. I don't think I remember.

What was I trying to remember?

It's too late. It's too sweet. Too cold.

Remember.
Remember.
Remember.

"Y/N, my child, are you alright?" Y/N flinched. What was that just now? She had no clue. She just sat there in front of her master, dread pooling in her gut.

She felt it before she realized what was happening, and what she was allowing her eyes to do. Hot, salty tears streamed down her face in fat drops that fell onto the mat in front of her.

Her eyes widened in shock. She had never cried like this. Sure, tears over a failed plant or the death of a baby bird, but nothing like this. Not without any reason.

"Wh-why am I crying." Her voice was barely a whisper, and it still broke. Barely audible. She swore she could hear her heart thrumming wildly over the quiet, almost inhumanly hushed sobs that tremmored through her body.

She felt so vulnerable, so fragile and so... broken?

What made her feel this way?

She just sat there and cried. And Oyakata-sama just let her. He was smiling with that glint in his eyes. Like he knew something she didn't. And he wanted to help her. It just made it worse.

She bowed her head into her hands that were already in the ground.

"F-forgive me, Oyakata-sama. I-I don't know w-what came over me." She cursed herself for how much she stuttered, but she couldn't help but not care. She was still fighting tears as the echo of sobs tightened her throat and restricted her airways.

"It is alright my child. It will take time. You will remember."

Remember.

Remember what? What is there to remember?

Remember.
Remember.
Remember.

Her head throbbed at the thought of the word, so much that she winced. She took a deep inhale, lifting up her head and looking straight ahead. The tears still fell, even with her pleading her body to stop them.

She took off her mask, knowing it was okay to do so in the private quarters of the Ubuyashiki estate. She felt safe with him. Like she didn't need a mask to hide pieces of her. She could come out and be true to herself for once.

She placed it on the ground, the vines looking rather sad now. Why? She didn't know. She seemed to not know a lot.

And it was bothering her.