"Love you nana." She kissed her forehead then Sophia came over to me.

"Bed time." I carried her up to my room lying down with her.

"Love you baby girl."

"Love you mommy." I kissed her forehead, playing with her hair trying to get her to sleep. I wish things were different for her, she deserves the world and I will do everything I can to give that to her. Finally, she fell asleep and I carefully pulled away from her going downstairs. My mom was still on the couch when I went to curl up with her.

"She asked about Rickey." I sighed.

"What are you going to do?"

"I will at least text him and see. I wish he never came back, I feel like it would be easier."

"Do you wish you were together?"

"Kind of for her sake. I don't think we would work together."

"You're doing so amazing with her and she will understand everything you do for her when she's older."

"I know, but it's hard. I don't think I could have done this without you guys though."

"It's more than I had when I had Elliot. It was basically just me and your dad."

"But least you had daddy."

"Yea, but it wasn't easy at all. You know I gave your brother up."

"How come?" I frowned looking at her.

"When he was three his adoptive parents died, so he was brought back into my care. That weekend I finally got both of my boy's back in my life. Those three and half years were the hardest years of my life."

"Why did you do it?"

"We didn't have any support really and your dad was working to play in the MLB. I was terrified of how things were going to go. I didn't have my mom like you and his mom didn't come around until after we got him back. I wasn't stable enough to be his mom."

"I don't think I could have done that."

"I didn't think I could either, but I just thought about him and what's best for him."

"Do you think I did the right thing?"

"I can't answer that, only you can." I nodded and she squeezed me making me sigh. I couldn't imagine my life without my daughter, she is my whole world.

"You need to go curl up with her."

"Love you mommy."

"Love you too baby girl. Everything is going to be okay. She kissed my forehead and I pulled away from her going back upstairs. I heard Sophia whimpering so I quickly went in and pulled her into my arms.

"Mommy's here, everything is okay." She had tears in her eyes and she tried pushing me away.

"Sophia." I shook her awake and she started sobbing.

"You're okay, I got you."

"Mommy."

"Sh, I'm here nothing is going to hurt you." She curled against my chest and I rubbed her back trying to sooth her. The door opened and my mom was frowning at us.

"She okay?"

"She had a bad dream."

"Mommy."

"I got you."

I kissed her forehead while she calmed down more.

"Want to tell us about your dream?"

"You leave me like daddy." Tears filled my eyes as I turned to look at her.