ELEVEN

NEVER BE THE SAME —camila cabello

Later that evening, Aegon had the room be properly prepared. He had the servants bring flowers and incense into the room, and candles be lit to illuminate the darkness in his chambers. The linens on his bed had been changed to soft silks, still black as midnight, but soft all the same. He'd also had platters of fruit and bread and cheese brought up with some Arbor wine.

He wanted her to be comfortable, to feel safe when he finally had her in his arms and was fucking her into his sheets—

—Most of all, he'd sent his kingsguard away for the night. Tonight would be just for him and Daenerys. Only them.

As Aegon waited for her, he felt his heart begin to beat faster. He was excited, but he was nervous too. He hoped he wouldn't make a fool of himself in front of her. He wanted her to see him.

There was a knock at his chamber door then and Aegon jumped up, before he straightened himself out. He checked everything with a quick glance over and took a deep breath to compose himself as much as he could.

"Come in," He said as he prepared himself to see her. The woman who had stolen his heart.

What he didn't expect was for his siblings, Viserys, Baela, and Rhaena to all storm in. And they looked furious.

"Have you gone mad?" Viserys asked his brother accusingly.

Aegon's heart sank, he had been prepared to see Daenerys, to finally speak to her privately, only for his siblings to come into his chambers. His face fell even further when Viserys confronted him, accusing him of being mad.

"Oh, seven hells." Aegon glowered, looking back and forth between his siblings. "What are you all doing here?"

"You swore 500 of our soldiers to Lord Strong to fight that bloody cult of cannibals in the Riverlands?" Baela asked her brother, her eyes wide. "There are more important matters than some small cult of madmen. There are treaties to be signed, alliances to be made, the search for a wife!" She reminded him ceaselessly.

Aegon looked at his siblings, not understanding why they were all so upset. He simply told his advisor to send help to Lord Strong in the Riverlands. After Lord Strong had told him all about the problem and how the other river lords would not send aide, he decided to send aide.

"Yes, I promised 500 soldiers to Lord Strong," he said simply, as if his siblings didn't know this already. "These cult people are murdering and cannibalising people. They're murdering women, elderly and children. I have to help stop them."

Rhaena being the peace-maker she was looked on at them all nervously. "Perhaps, we should not all speak so harshly..." she said nervously.

"You didn't seem to give a damn about any of them before. I brought this up to you years ago. We agreed to leave it to the River-Lords," Viserys said to Aegon, ignoring Rhaena. "You showed no signs of support, not until you met Lord Strong's bastard, and all of a sudden it's about the River-folk."