SIX

"It is not appropriate for someone of your station to be seen with a King, my sweet

"It is not appropriate for someone of your station to be seen with a King, my sweet."

Daenerys walked along the city gate walls of King's Landing beside her father. Her lips pouty and her lips pressed in a tight line. She had been scolded all the way up here after he caught her and the King in the library, his arms wrapped around her.

And it made her more pouty and solemn as she kept her arms crossed and refused to look at him.

They weren't doing anything wrong. They were reading books, smiling, and laughing. And yes, her father did warn her when they first came to King's Landing to not interact with the Targaryen's, any of them. He was quite incessant on that.

She always understood she was a bastard and that her father never really brought her to such strongholds to meet Lords and such, but this felt different.

Sparing a glance at his daughter, Harwin sighed and continued walking along the battlements. "You are older now. It's time you started acting like it." Harwin looked to the horizon, the clouds were grey and low hanging. Almost like the sky was holding its breath. "We are here to discuss terms with the King, not to be flirting with him."

Yes, yes, the terms. The only reason they had stayed in King's Landing this long was so that her father could make more for his name, for Harrenhal. He didn't want it to be just a wasted castle rumored to be filled with ghosts and curses.

Harrenhal was beautiful, Daenerys thought at least. She had her whole life's memories running up and down those corridors while her father raised her on his own. She wasn't treated as a bastard at home, but perhaps that is why it was so strange for her to be here in King's Landing and see her father be so cautious with her.

"I'm not flirting with him," Daenerys said quietly, still refusing to look at him as she took in the view of the city. "The King is my friend..."

"Your friend? A man who sits upon a throne greater than any man alive. Men like the King will make use of a young girl like you, they are not to be trusted."

She stopped walking as she whipped her head to him wide-eyes. "Father he isn't like that!" She defended. "His Grace is a kind man. He even gave me access to the books in the royal library. Most men would laugh in a bastard's face for even knowing how to read."

"And what does this King hope to gain by being kind to a Bastard?" Harwin said back, stopping and looked back at her. But when he saw her expression, he sighed.

Not another word would leave his lips while the two were outside, his voice might carry on the wind, and the last thing he needed was people knowing their business.