Chapter 5: Widow's Peak

The night was dark and silent as Sarah made her way to Widow's Peak. The moon cast a pale glow on the winding path, casting eerie shadows that seemed to dance in the moonlight. As she approached the haunted location, anxiety washed over her, but she pushed aside her fears and continued walking.

When Sarah reached Widow's Peak, she was greeted by a desolate landscape of twisted trees, overgrown bushes, and rough rocks. The atmosphere was filled with tension, and she felt as if she were being watched.

Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, Sarah began to explore the area, searching for any clues that could lead her to the woman in the mirror and the missing person's case. She carefully navigated through the underbrush, her flashlight illuminating the path ahead.

After what felt like hours of searching, Sarah came  to an area where there were no trees in the middle of the forest. This seemed out of place amidst the surrounding wilderness. In the center stood an old, dilapidated house, its windows broken and its doors open.

Curious and cautious, Sarah approached the house, her senses on high alert. As she stepped inside, she was greeted by the musty smell of decay and the creaking of wooden floorboards beneath her feet.

The interior of the house was filled with cobwebs, dust, and things that were suggestive of someone that lived here. Photographs scattered across the floor along with the furniture. The walls were furnished with faded wallpaper peeling at the edges.

As Sarah explored the house, she couldn't shake the feeling that she was not alone. Every creak, every whisper of the wind made her jump, her imagination running wild with thoughts of what could be lurking in the shadows.

Just as she was about to leave, Sarah noticed something glinting on the floor near the fireplace. Curious, she bent down to examine it and discovered a locket. The locket was old and tarnished, but its intricate design suggested that it once held great sentimental value.

With trembling hands, Sarah opened the locket and found a photograph of a woman who bore a striking resemblance to the woman in the mirror. Could this be the missing person? And what was her connection to this abandoned house?

Suddenly, Sarah heard a noise coming from upstairs, a faint whisper that sent chills down her spine. Ignoring her instincts to flee, she mustered the courage to investigate, slowly making her way up the creaky staircase.

As she reached the top of the stairs, Sarah was greeted by a sight that sent her heart racing. There, standing at the end of the hallway, was the woman from the photograph, her eyes filled with sadness and longing.

Before Sarah could react, the woman vanished into thin air, leaving behind only the echo of her whisper: "Help me."

Stunned and shaken, Sarah knew that she had stumbled upon a major breakthrough in her investigation. The woman in the photograph was real, and she was somehow connected to the missing person's case and the cursed objects.

Sarah pocketed the locket and left the abandoned house, her mind filled with questions and possibilities.