Chapter 10

Y/n's pov

I walked with Finnick as we head toward and saw Katniss.

Finnick, y/n are you with us asked Katniss.

Looks like it spoke Finnick.

I smiled as I looked at her.

That was a short honeymoon for you both spoke Katniss.

I laughed softly as I looked at Finnick.

I then saw them hug then she hugged me and I smiled at her.

Yeah well I guess we're gonna have to have one in the capitol after we take it spoke Finnick.

Gather round spoke Boggs.

We all moved and gathered around.

Squad 451 you're my unit lieutenant Jackson my second in command each one of you I'd elite in some form of combat but we are a non combat unit so we'll be following days behind the front line troops spoke Boggs.

You're to be the onscreen faces of the invasion the Star Squad it's been decided that you're most effective when seen by the masses spoke Cressida.

So we're not gonna fight spoke Gale

You do whatever your ordered to do soldier it's not your job to ask questions spoke Boggs.

I looked at Finnick and slipped my hand in his and looked back at boggs.

Yes sir spoke Gale.

Our instructions are to shoot propaganda footage on the battle scarred streets of the Capitol you were handpicked to intimidate their forces spoke Boggs.

And inspire surrenders spoke Cressida.

Even though we'll be working on abandoned streets miles behind the front lines I guarantee you wherever they put us it will not be safe this is a war zone it is likely that we'll encounter both active pods and peacekeepers you're considered high value targets to the Capitol in the event of capture you'll be given a nightlock pill a poison that acts immediately lieutenant Jackson do the honors spoke Boggs.

I was given one and I put it in a spot close to my suit easy for reach and I looked at Finnick.

He smiled at me and we continued to listen.

I remind you they are on every block our unit has been given a holo a database that contains a detailed map of the Capitol and a list of every known pod these pods can trigger anything from bombs to traps to mutts we cannot move without this device there's no guarantee that our database is complete there could be new pods that we're not aware of because we don't want the gamemakers to know we have this Intel it has a self destruct on it you flip this switch say nightlock three times and it blows itself and anything within a 10 foot radius stay within our unit even with the holo it is likely that new pods have been set whatever they contain they are meant to kill you spoke Boggs.

I looked at Finnick.

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the 76th hunger games spoke Finnick.

I held onto him and layed my head on his chest and he kissed my head.

We got to promise to protect each other and stick together like we did before I spoke.

Finnick nodded and kissed me.

Don't worry I have your back and you have myn darling we can do this sweetie I'm with you til death do us part and there's nothing stopping that spoke Finnick.

I smiled at him and nodded.

(Hours later)

I walked with the others as I held my trident in one hand and the other holding Finnicks hand.