chapter twenty

narrative

narrative

connor's pov

I CAN'T stop thinking about her. As soon as I walked out of her house and into her car. I'm seeing her everywhere. Well, not her, but things that remind me of her.

When I started my car up, the radio immediately starts playing. Guess what song plays. Espresso by Sabrina Carpenter. You have to be kidding me. I move my hand and change the station. The next song on the radio fills my ears as I continue to drive. A familiar tune hits my ears, Snooze by Sza.

I can't do this. I fully turn the radio off and focus my eyes on the road. I grip the steering wheel trying not to completely break down. I try to not think about her any longer. I can't even think about her name. I can't. I can't do it.

I look to the right at little shops, to take my mind off of things. You will never ever guess what I see. On a sign I see: 'coffee, tea, matcha, smoothies'. I'm paranoid. I'm paranoid. I'm paranoid. I need to get home right now.

After a few more minutes of driving I finally pull into my driveway. I park my car and turn it off. I take a deep breath before climbing out of the car. I'm okay. I walk to my door and I'm greeted with my mom and sister sitting in the living room.

"Sweetie" my mom calls out. "Hey ma," I reply as she waves me over. "Look at these beautiful flowers that some boy gave your sister" my sister holds up purple blueish flowers. "A boy?" I exclaim. "Yea they're irises" she rolls her eyes. My eyes nearly buldge out of my head. "You have to be kidding me" I mutter. "Hunny, don't be rude. I know it's hard to see your sister grow up-" my mom starts. "No not that" "Don't give me attitude Connor. What has gotten into you these past few days."

"It's Iris. We broke up and it's all my fault" my mom sits there shocked. "Mom, I miss her. I miss her so much" I plead. "I let my emotions get the best of me and know I have to live with the consequences" I flop onto the couch.

"What are you still doing here?" I hear my sister's voice. I pick my head up, "What?" "What are you still doing here" she says a little louder. "Go get your girl!" my sister exclaims. "Get off your butt and go tell her how you feel" Madison shoves the flowers towards me. "Are-are you sure" I ask about the flowers. "Yea, of course. I'm sure he can get me new ones"

I stand up and hug my sister. I squeeze her tightly, "Don't hug me, go hug Iris" "Right, sorry." I quickly grab the flowers and dash out of the house. With my car keys still in my pocket, I fumble with them as I start up the car again. I place the irises in the passengers and drive. I drive way faster than the speed limit, suddenly getting a boost of confidence. I don't care if I get pulled over, I need to see her.

As I pass the same matcha sign as before, I know that I am getting close to her house. Recognizing more and more places I used to pass my every day. Then I'm there. I'm standing in front of her house. Iris's house. My girl's house. I take a few deep breaths for the confidence I need. Reluctantly, I walk up the steps to the front door. I hear yelling coming from inside the house but my heart beat speed up, drowning it out. I remember where her spare key is and flip over the doormat. It's not there. What the fuck?

I notice the door is already open. Wow Connor, you are stupid. With the flowers in hand I push open the door. There I see her. And Nate? They haven't seen me yet because Iris is too busy yelling in Nate's face, "You're selfish, insensitive, egotistical, oh! and not to mention you have a tiny. little. dick" she spits in his face. I can't help by smile to see Iris stand up for herself. "Oh baby, you don't mean that" Nate reaches for her waist.

In one quick motion, Iris's foot meets with Nate's crotch. Nate doubles over, clutching his, uh, well. "Are you psycho? What is wrong with you?" Nate screams in pain. "You're an asshole you know that Nathan. All you care about is your image, you never cared about me. Get the fuck out of my house and never, ever, come back" with that, she looks and points at the door. That's when she sees me.

Her angry face softens, "Connor..." "Iris" Time stops. Two teenagers staring at each other. Both staring with loving eyes, good intent. She starts running toward me. Is she about to attack me? I brace myself. Instead, she has her arms wrapped around my neck and she clings onto me. I return the action by pulling her in by her waist. I can hear her silently crying into my shoulder. I play with her hair trying to soothe her, "It's okay, it's okay. I'm here, don't worry any more" I whisper into her ear.

After what feels like a few minutes she pulls away. "What you did there was pretty cool" I tell her. She laughs and turns around to see Nate still on the floor. Now, she's laughing even harder. Her laughing makes me want to laugh. "These flowers" I look down at the slightly crumpled flowers, "are for you, m'lady" I get down on one knee and put my head down, offering up the flowers. "Why thank you, my kind and noble knight" she replys with a very terrible english accent. She takes the irises from my possession, my head is still down. She taps each of my shoulders with the flowers. "You are the bravest knight in the land, no other stands a chance against you" I know she is referring to Nate, who probably left after being humbled so hard.

"You may rise" she says. I stand up, we are practically eye to eye. I tower over her slightly, looking down at her, and she looking up at me. "Do you forgive me?" she whispers. I smile, "Do you forgive me?" She nods her head rapidly. My eyes flicker to her lips, and hers to mine.

As our lips touch, time seems to stand still. The world around us fades away, leaving only the warmth of the connection between us. Each touch of our lips ignites a spark, sending shivers down my spine and a rush of emotion through my veins.

In that moment, forgiveness isn't just a word exchanged between us; it's a tangible feeling, a bridge between past hurts and a future of possibility. With each gentle caress, it's as if we're rewriting history, erasing the pain and replacing it with something beautiful and new.

As we pull away, breathless and exhilarated, I meet her gaze once more, finding in her eyes a reflection of my own emotions—relief, joy, and the promise of what's to come. We stand there, locked in a silent understanding.

"I love you Iris"

"I love you even more Connor"

eva's notes::

last chapter :((((

i'm sorry i haven't updated, i had severe writer's block. anyway, i hope you enjoyed!!!!!!!!

bad for business. ༊*·˚

5.5.24