chapter sixteen

narrative, messages

narrative, messages

*this chapter contains disgusting men!!

╰┈➤ location: the brooks household

iris's pov

I LET out a groan as I rub my eyes.

Connor mother freaking Noon. The only thought on my mind. His gorgeous brown eyes and his smile. God his smile. Now I'm smiling. Jesus, Iris, you're whipped. I think I need to see him again.

Yawning, I pull off the covers that lay atop of me. I sit up and look around. I stand up and walk to my bathroom. I'm met with a reflection of myself, and lord do I look rough. Mascara stains my eyelids and my hair is tangeled.

I grab makeup wipes and wipe down my face. I need matcha. Once I finish taking off my makeup, I throw the wipes into the trash and return back to my bedroom. My closet door creaks open as I pull the knob. I grab a t shirt and jean shorts.

I know I just took off my makeup, but I don't want to walk around looking dead. I sit at my vanity and curl my lashes. After, I put on some deodorant and spray a little perfume on before walking down the stairs.

"What's got you so happy" Cal says groggily. I guess I had a smile on my face, "Nothing. I'm going to get matcha, you want anything?" "Now you're being nice?" he asks. I roll my eyes at him and slide on my flip flops. "I'll be back in a little" I grab my keys and step out the door.

Walking over to my bike, I smile remembering the last time I rode it: when I went to Connor's house. I mount the bike once again and connect my phone to the speaker attached. I turn my summer playlist on and go on my usual matcha route. I hum to the tune of my song, and honestly I really don't care that people are staring at me. At least I'm giving them good music.

When I get to my shop, I turn the music off and park my bike. The bell dings as I walk in. "Hey Bella!" If you go to this place as often as I do, you tend to make friends with everyone who works there. "Hey Iris. Usual?" she asks me. "Obviously," I say leaning on the counter. "$3.75" I hand her a five. "Keep the change Bells"

A few minutes later, Bella hands me my drink. "Thank you Bella, I'll see you later" "Bye Iris!" The bell rings once again as I open the door and walk out. I grab my bike and repeat the same routine as before.