Boom! Goes the Dynamight [Bakugo] (Angst)

Ichijiku (Tigress)

Bakugo always says life is like a live grenade, ready at any moment to explode and see whether or not you're worth your weight in nitroglycerine.

In a lot of ways, he's right. We've gone through hell together with "grenades" that have tested the very sweat of his palms.

Looking at the two lines on this specific test feels like the most daunting of all. A thousand different worries trickle through my mind but the most immediate concern is having to tell Bakugo. Being his girlfriend, I get to see many different sides of him, but even knowing he's capable of gentleness and emotions like the rest of us, I have no idea how he'll react to this news.

I pull out my phone and debate just getting it over with. I should just tell him. He deserves to know. But my fingers hover over the keypad. I exhale and tears drip onto the screen.

How can I expect to tell him when he's fighting so hard to be the number one hero right now? I'm already going to be rendering myself useless and putting my life on hold for a bit. But how will he respond to that? Nausea begins turning in my stomach again and I slam the bathroom door to go hurl my lunch into the toilet.

I have to pull back and rest my head against the back of the toilet and let some more tears drip down. What am I supposed to do, God? A choked sound echoes against the porcelain.

Just breathe. I remind myself. We can get through this. And if he wants to leave and be done with me because of it, he wasn't worth the effort in the first place.

. . . . .

Bakugo knows I'm hiding something as the weeks pass. I'm a little more shaky around him, a little more skittish. I can't seem to find the right time to tell him the news.

But there's no escaping him after a challenging day of hero work. He's always more needy after a hard day. When he goes feral there's no keeping my distance. We barely make it into my apartment when he's got me flattened against the door.

"Tonight, Tiger? You're gonna beg for it, baby." He grounds out in my ear, already putting his moves on and fumbling with my leggings and lifting my dress.

"K-Katsuki, I need to tell you something." I breathe, knowing that I have to tell him now before he pulls off my clothes and figures out himself. I'm hardly showing at all, but a little bump is visible under my clothes.

And I know Bakugo. He'll notice.

"It can wait. Fuck, I've been waiting all day." He kisses along my thighs and gives me a lick between my folds, nearly breaking my resolve, but I clench my thighs together to stop him. "Hey!" He growls, before he catches my terrified expression and his eyes relax again. His muscles remain tense. "What's gotten into you today?"

My eyes fill with tears by the time he asks. I don't want you to hate me, Katsuki. I don't know what I'll do if you leave... Have a little faith, Little One, he's been loyal and compassionate thus far.

"Did something happen?" He interrogates as his hands rub circles under my shirt. "Whoever it was I'll..." Abruptly he stops, and I freeze.

I expect the shock on his face and it terrifies me. He lifts my shirt and I let him; it's so quiet I can hear the throbbing beat of my heart. His thumb rubs over my stomach. Looking at it, there doesn't seem to be much change, but feeling it...he looks up at me with recognition in his eyes.

And then the grenade explodes.

"WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER?!"

"DON'T YOU YELL AT ME, KATSUKI BAKUGO!" I roar, pulling my legs up to my chest and scooting away from him. Tears wash my hands and the comforter. Bakugo seems so far away even though he's right beside me. "I didn't tell you because I knew that you'd get angry like this! I knew that you'd yell at me! I know this gets in the way of your hero journey...that it wasn't a part of your plan!" My breathing elevates, my body starts shaking, and my voice raises a few octaves.

I don't notice any of it. I don't give Bakugo any time to respond, even when I see him getting fired up again.

"Well what did you want me to do, Katsuki?! I couldn't tell you because I was scared that you'd tell me to leave or to get rid of it. And I won't!" I rake my hands through my hair, bearing my teeth at him. "So break up with me if you're going to and get it over with!"

The room is silent for a few moments. Fierce, protective and maternal instincts still boil through my veins as I watch with feral eyes for what Bakugo does. My burning instincts mix with cold panic as my mother's voice in my head reminds me of all the reasons I'd be a bad mother. Of all the reasons Bakugo should feel the same.

"Are you crazy?!" He grits his teeth at me. "I've told you once, I'll never take an action that ends someone's life! YOU THINK I'D GET RID OF MY OWN KID?!"

He's so fast. Always has been. In the next moment, he's got my arms pinned at my sides and my lips trapped in a frantic, hard kiss. When he pulls back, his eyes are softer but he still snarls.

"Stop talking nonsense. I'm not leaving you and you're not getting rid of me." He puts a hand at my neck, sending my pulse thrumming underneath him as I start piecing his response together. "Don't you dare think I'd be too weak to take on the challenge of my own child. Do I look that pitiful to you?"

Relief rushes through me as I finally meet his eyes and cup his face in my hands. Then I pull him close and bury my face in his neck, giving myself a moment to regulate, before I answer.

"No, Katsuki. You don't."

----------------------------------

Dialogue Prompt: 174. "You're gonna beg for it, baby."

Action Prompt: [NUZZLE] - Ichijiku presses her face into Bakugo's neck after a bold confession.