one

Glossary

Bhaiya - elder brother
Bhabhi - Brother's wife
Di - Elder Sister
Jiju - Sister's husband

____________________________________

*Unedited

Isabel felt the dense heat embrace her the moment she stepped off the plane at Delhi airport. a stark contrast to the crisp, cool air she was used to back home. Prachi, her dear friend, latched onto her arm, her excitement palpable as she spoke rapidly in Hindi to the people around them.

“I can’t believe we’re finally here, Isabel! You’re going to love it,” Prachi exclaimed, her words intertwined with laughter and excitement.

Isabel managed a weak smile, grateful for Prachi's enthusiasm but burdened by the weight of her own heartache. Prachi had practically dragged her to India for her brother's wedding, claiming she couldn’t leave Isabel alone to wallow in her misery after the betrayal of her boyfriend. Isabel was touched by Prachi's unwavering support but couldn’t help but feel out of place in this new, vibrant world.

As they made their way through the bustling airport, a tall, handsome man approached them. Prachi's brother, the groom, whose name is Rahul  stood before them with a warm smile.

“bhaiyaaaaa" she literally squealed  out of happiness and throw her arms around him and gave him a tight hug .

"Kaisi hai tu chhoti ?" His brother asked

( How are you little one? )

"Ek dum badhiyaa" she replied whole releasing her brother from her bear hug.

( Very good )

Isabel was not understanding a single word but feeling so wholesome seeing prachi with her brother.

After their  brother - sister banter , prachi finally introduced isabel to Rahul and told him how she dragged her to Delhi for his wedding.

Rahul Greeted her a with a warm smile and handshake which she reciprocated with an smile too.

"I think we all should leave for home now , you both must be tired after 8 hours of flight". He said and gestured them towards the exit where his car was parked.

Both the girls nodded and followed him towards the exit.

"Why are you here, bhaiya?" Prachi questioned with a playful smirk after they reached the parking lot,"Shouldn't you be receiving royal treatment right now? And where is Sameer bhaiya? What is he doing? He should be here"

Prachi's brother chuckled, his eyes dancing with mirth. "I couldn't resist welcoming my favorite sister . And Sameer is not in Delhi.
He went to Mathura to pick up Lavanya di and her daughter."

"Why ?? Isn't jiju  coming??"

"He will be there right before engagement".

Isabel watched the conversation between the siblings with a mix of amusement and longing. She envied the easy camaraderie they shared, a bond that seemed to transcend any distance or time apart. As they loaded their luggage into the car, Isabel couldn’t shake the feeling of being an outsider looking in on a world she didn’t quite belong to.

The drive to Prachi's hometown was a whirlwind of sights and sounds. The vibrant chaos of Delhi transformed into lush fields and bustling villages, the landscape passing by like a vivid painting unfolding before Isabel's eyes. Prachi's brother filled the journey with stories of their childhood, his infectious laughter and warmth easing some of Isabel's fears and doubts.