Chapter 17

『Now playing: double take by Dhruv』

Talk 017

She was looking up in the ceiling of her room, sighing before rolling and tossing her pillow up, unable to catch it, making it land in her face with poof sound.

Right after their little conversation, with a cloudy goodbye, she decided to go home after receiving an excuse slip from the nurse, not daring to enter the room while wearing his jersey, him on the other hand takes the direction to the basketball court where they'll have a meeting before the game in the afternoon.

'He said it was against Shoyo, was it?'

She blinks before looking at the time and the newly washed and dried jersey that hangs in the corner of her room, with the bolded number 11 in front.

A certain image suddenly appears in her face before she tosses left and right again and then goes on burying her face in her pillow.

'Should I go watch?'

She sighs before dropping the pillow in her bedside, running to find an outfit in her cabinet.

"I THOUGHT this would be an easy win for Shoyo but Shohuko is really good this year too"

"Specially that no. 11"

"I heard that he is still a first year"

"Really?!",

Left and right noises surrounded Miyako the moment she enters the Gymnasium from the conversation of bystanders, cheering of both team which stand out in both ways.

'I can't see from here… should I go down? but it's embarrassing, but I really cant see'

She gulps as another yelling for no. 11 comes buzzing which makes her make up her mind.

Wearing a normal blue and white striped inner top, covered with a blue blazer on top, and a white shoes and white shorts, she stepped down and travelled downwards through the bunch of crowds to eventually find a space in the railing of the second floor, which gives her a clearer view of the game.

"Shoyo!Shoyo!Shoyo!", she glances where the green themed team full of young men cheers.

"Shohuko!Shohuko!Shohuko", and almost flinch to find that there are only few yet loud people who are cheering for Shohuko in the opposite.

'Wait is that Haruko?'

Before she can look deeper, her attention was stolen when a  buzz and an never-ending shrek of girls suddenly makes a loud sound.

"Kyaahhhhhh! L.O.V.E Rukawa, love, love, love me Rukawa!", oh right, she almost forgot. Wearing white and the bolded RU-KA-WA in their top. Rukawa's fangirls really makes a name for themselves.

Normally she would be getting second hand embarrassment now but after seeing it for the second time, her heart is slowly learning to know how to calm down in an overwhelming situation now.

'There it is, the infamous and seemingly iconic fangirls of Rukawa Kaede'

They even shrek more when another score was added to the Shohuko team which makes Miyako eventually look at the very reason that she watches this game.

There she saw him, dribbling the ball fast before scoring another points for their team which makes Miyako gripped her plams. Even from a distance she saw how his blue irises really glistened in probably what she thought was enjoyment in playing despite his always rockhard expression.

'Oi, being handsome is one thing, why you gotta be so cool'

More cheering not only from his fangirls but also from the crowds appears so loud, enough to burden Miyako with a strange thought.

'This is the guy that told me he likes me'

She watches as he passes through the defensive players and scored another goal. She watches how his eyes looks lovelier everytime he plays and how he looked even more mesmerizing when you know he loves how basketball.

As she watches the crowds continuously cheers for him, she felt proud and has a sense of pride igniting within her, together with a bunch of thoughts.

'Somehow, he looks so majestic and so… far'

The loud noise was silenced by her deep thoughts as her insecurities continues to arise.

'He is too cool that its making me cry, damn it'

"Oh Miyako-san is also here to support this genius! Miyako-san!", geh, way to draw her attention back to herself, after the redhead saw her and wave his hand on the air as if he view her as his fans which makes her wanna hit him.

She felt gazes targeting her as she just raises her blazer to hide herself while silently yelling (because she's too shy to shout out loud) 'stop it, you idiot'

But when she looked again, she find that he still didn't stop waving at her which makes her gulp and slowly wave her hands back hoping for him to stop after that.

"Is that the red heads girlfriend?", some whispers buzzes which makes Miyako shrek from the inside, 'I'm not!'

Suddenly a ball came running and hit Sakuragi on the face.

"Rukawa you bastard!", the blue haired boy didn't react and just said, "Dou-aho" in a more harsher way.

Akagi came and separated the two of them since the referee isn’t liking their bickering while on the court but before Rukawa begins running for defense, he stopped before looking at the railing of the second floor where Miyako is blushing, both from embarrassment and the way he really stopped just to stare at her.

Blue irises like the deepest ore of the ocean meets the brown orbs like surface of the earth.

Miyako hesitated, not knowing how to react, feeling conflicted about listening to herself and act the way she want yet worried to be showered by deathly stares she might get if she get in the way of his violent fangirls.

"Ganbare", she opens her mouth without audible sound hoping for him to read the words out of his lips, which she knew he undersrand when he nodded.

He didn't say anything before turning his back but somehow, Miyako knows what he want to say from the back of her mind. It is the back of his as if saying, 'Watch me'

"Ah, I lost", she whispers.

She watches as he stands out in the court and how the crowd cheers for him and his team.

Thinking how it feels too late back out now and how she can't win against the silent but deadly charms of the Rukawa Kaede.

@cwynnie

Ganbare (頑張れ) or ganbatte (頑張って) is a Japanese phrase that means “Come on!” “Let's go!” or “Go for it!” in English. It means “Do your best,” and it can be used to cheer for your favorite team during a sporting event.

-Coto.Academy.com