Chapter 12

Happy 2k reads!

Talk 012

The next day arrived and Miyako felt as if she was still floating mainly because she spent a whole damn night trying to sew her bag, which actually works but she knew it wont last long.

"Rei-chan! " she felt Haruko pull her on a whim to avoid the flock of crowd walking towards the opposite direction of the hallway.

"What are you doing? mou, what if you get hit by the crowd and fall?", Haruko ranted pointing out how Miyako has been very careless just now.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just thinking of changing my bag and buying a new one later", Haruko looks at her bag and find the sewed marks on it.

"Oh i see, do you want me to go with you? ",

"No, no, you don't need to, you have to go to the basketball club to support your brother for their quarter final game tomorrow right? I am fine, I can do it alone! I'm a strong independent woman you know!", Miyako said while flexing her nonexistent muscle on her arms which makes Haruko laugh.

"Well, if you say so", as they were walking together the sound of Miyako's phone suddenly rings.

"Eh, unknown number?"

"Hello?", Miyako answered.

" Oh, hello? Is this you? Miyako-san? This is Sendoh Akira, you know the one who accidentally ripped your bag yesterday, again. I'm very sorry about that", Miyako listened to his apologetic calming voice, before then replying, "Oh, it's fine Sendoh-san".

"No it’s not, what school do you attend so I can hand you the money to pay back for it"

"No, really, it's fine, I'm about to go out to buy a new one after school anyways haha", she laughed awkwardly. Avoiding Haruko's eyes who looked like she was dying to hear who she was talking to.

"Then at least let me accompany you in buying a new one, it's the least I can do for the inconvenience I caused", Miyako mentally sighs, thinking it was rude to constantly avoid him. He doesn't look like a bad person anyway.

"Ah, I mean, if you're not busy",

"Yes I'm not, what school do you attend so I can get you later",

"Ah it's Shohoku High School"

"Shohoku, good thing I'm near there, I'll wait for you later after school would it be alright?", Miyako was there slapping herself silently to not think this sounds like a date.

"Y-yes"

"Then, I'll see you"

"Oum, see you Sendoh-san",

"Haha, just Sendoh is fine",

"Ah then, see you Sendoh"

"See you Miyako-san",

As she turns off the call she constantly avoids Haruko who's completely interested in the call that she had just received.

"Rei-chan! Is that a date just now? You are now keeping such a thing from me?!", the girl cried, shaking Miyako's shoulder.

"It's not a date, it's just… he's accompanying me to buy my bag", after all he's the one who caused it to rip, she said swallowed the last words after Haruko said "That's what you call a date!"

"no it’s not! stop thinking about it like that will you?!", Miyako said, blushing from Haruko's misunderstanding.

The other girl didn't stop teasing her until the end of the day which makes her even redder.

Soon, Sendoh called her again, saying that he's outside their school.

"Go on, you don't need to wait for me hihi", Miyako glared at her for pushing her out of the gate of the school only to find, Sendoh sorrounded by girls of her school.

"Can I have your number?"

"you're Sendoh-san from Ryonan High School, right?"

"Can we have a picture with you,"

The boy on the other hand was just smiling and nodding at them like it's a fanservice that was until he saw Miyako at the other side.

"Ah, Miyako-san! ", he said before turning his head to the girls around him, "I'm sorry but please excuse me, I need to go now", the girls looked disappointed but let him go anyways.

They watch as Sendoh smiled as he approached the quiet girl who was trying too hard to ignore the girls staring at them.

"You're here, shall we go now? I'll just follow your lead", Sendoh smiled which almost makes Miyako cover her eyes to how bright it is.

'Dang, his hair is black but it looks like it shines with the sun'

ON the other side, Haruko watches them before she turns back to the school premises towards the basketball club's practice at the gymnasium. When the team takes a break for a moment, Ayako travelled to do girls talk with Haruko.

"Oh? Haruko, I thought you said yesterday that you invited Miyako to watch with you," Ayako said as she noticed that the girl only has Fujii and Matsui by her side but not the other brunette.

"Oh, she has something to do",

"Other than reading manga?", Fujii asked.

"Ofcourse it will end up all about manga, that's her only source of entertainment anyway," Matsui seconded thinking of the familiar introverted girl who was introduced by Haruko to them.

"No, no, I don't think it's her manga, I mean there's a guy in the picture", Haruko reported.

"Not to mention that guy was handsome", she followed before saying, "It's probably a date! ".

Their talk was stopped with the loud pounding of a ball dropping to the ground. Their eyes followed the sound and found the usual Rukawa Kaede, with unexplainable emotions within his dark blue irises.

"Who's on a date with whom?", the four girls became hesitant to answer as they felt the cold temperatures rising.

"They just said it was Miyako-chan, right?", of course Sakuragi Hanamichi who was dense as the cloud never noticed and answered casually after drinking water.

The crowd stares at the raven haired ace after he begins dribbling, only that it sounds very loud as if it was trying to reach someone outside the gymnasium.

"Date, huh?", he runs towards the ring, dunking forcefully, even clings to the ring for a moment before jumping down. Even Sakuragi who's just watching felt like something was been triggered inside Rukawa after hearing the term 'date' and 'Miyako'

Haruko felt that Rukawa was different from his usual self despite their unfamiliarity. She don't want to admit but, somehow she think that Rukawa Kaede has some underlying thoughts circled mainly on a particular girl, Miyako Rei.

"Captain, can I go out now?", everyone who heard this was stunned.

Rukawa Kaede who's always been the last to exit the gym is actually asking to leave early?!

"But we are not done yet", Akagi was about to say something more but Rukawa was already walking away towards Haruko.

"You", Haruko was was almost frozen after finding out that Rukawa was actually talking to her, but soon stopped after his next word.

"H-hai?!"

"Where's Miyako and that bastard right now?"...

@cwynnie