Chapter 9

❝Talk 009❞

Miyako is never been the type to dwell on the things that she don't understand but she do overthink, a lot.

"Haruko, I think I've read too much of shoujo manga", she said as the said girl was eating in front of her.

"What do you mean? reading those are part of your life already, didn't you say there is no 'too much' when it comes to manga", she replied.

Miyako closed her bento before sticking the straw of the chocolate milk she brought earlier.

She eyed Haruko who keeps on eating her meal and silently curse herself at the back of her head, 'Am I an idiot? doki-doki heartbeat for Rukawa even after knowing Haruko likes him? agh, damn it, 'Rei no baka'

Suddenly a red head appeared in the middle of them that make her eyes twitch.

He first greeted Haruko of course, "Hi Haruko-san!", note the long 'san' at the end.

"ah yes, hello there too Miyako", he said nonchalantly that makes Miyako sigh only. She doesn't know how long Haruko would remain ignorant to the feeling of Sakuragi for her even after hearing the differences of the way the male talks to both of them. Clearly emphasizing the one he favors.

"Oh hi, Sakuragi-kun", Haruko relied immediately while Miyako just nodded at him.

"Ah right we're having a practice match later, seniors vs first year are you going to watch Haruko?", the girl's eyes twinkled probably thinking about the team's ace.

"Of course I will Sakuragi-kun, how about you Miyako-chan?", the said girl blink before pondering about the thing that happens when she first watch the game on the court with a ball flying unto her face.

"No, I have to go somewhere later", Haruko looks like she wants to say something but then the bell rings which makes her arranged her bento box immediately and say goodbye to them.

"Goodbye Rei-chan, bye Sakuragi-kun", the red head just wave back before eyeing down Miyako with a teasing tone.

"Are you afraid of the flying ball? don't worry this genius wont let you get hurt like that again, you know the flying ball on your face", an irk mark appeared on the girls forehead as the man was obviously saying flying ball again and again on purpose.

"Leave before I hit you with a flying bento this time", Sakuragi saw how serious she is and just laughed out loud while walking towards the door outside where Miyako watched him walk like a gangster of the town who owned the entire school.

'what's with that monkey like walking style anyway' she can't help but to ponder.

Later the teacher enters and discussed for the afternoon 1st subject and keep looking at the vacant seat beside her with contempt. At the end of the lesson, as Miyako was fixing her notes, her teacher immediately call her.

"Miyako", she immediately answered back.

"Hai?", what's with him yelling her name like a commercial anyway.

"Come here and grab this notebook of Kaede Rukawa, tell him what we discussed today and about the assignment", Miyako sweatdropped.

'Sir, I'll do it!", there it is, the power of fanclub.

"no shut up, Sir let me do it instead"

"Sir-"

"Shut up, I don't want to repeat what I've said",

'Can't he have other people do it? why is it her anyways', Miyako thought.

"Yes sir", she stand up and grab the notebook on the teachers front table and return to her sit immediately.

She looked down on the notebook and can't help but to open the first page to look at the said man's handwriting.

She blankly look at it after a moment.

'Yeah right, even if his face is neat, it doesn't mean his notes are the same'

She remembered that Sakuragi says they have a practice later, she contemplated for a moment before looking at the notebook. She is aware that though Rukawa skipped classes a lot he didn't escape their basketball practice according to Haruko, 'might as well say that he's a basketball idiot' she thought.

WHEN she arrives at the gym she first heard the squeaking of the shoes from the closed door and as an introvert who doesn't have the guts to open it, she instead stare at the lower window of the gym hoping to see what's inside and look for Rukawa so she can return his notebook.

Luckily the mini window was open and she was able to see what was happening inside and there she saw him.

Wearing white short and a dark blue shirt. He looked so serious while dribbling the ball that Miyako can't help but notice how scary he looked but then it's just a moment yet their irises met momentarily that makes her heartbeat skip. She saw how his eyes widens for a moment before he passed the ball somewhere.

She don't know if it's because of the sun or if it is because of her essence of being a shy person but when she looked back and found Rukawa looking so serious as ever while slightly rubbing the back of his neck as if feeling shy before and waving at her, she felt her cheeks reddening like a sweet little apple and found herself waving back.

"Rukawa focus!", is what she heard after she left the gym, not knowing what sound does she hear as she keeps on walking down the hallways, is it the sound of her footstep or the sound of her heartbeat.

@cwynnie