Manhunt

"I want an APB out on Preston Burke now! I want every police force in the state of Washington to be on the lookout for him as well as surrounding states!" Agent Nicholls yelled into the phone to her supervisor.

"He's two hours ahead of us, we need to contact the airport and find out if he's hopped on a flight somewhere and if so alert the authorities wherever he went that they need to find him ASAP!" Officer Jacobs added, receiving a nod from both her partner and the FBI agent.

"Dr. Webber, does Burke have a locker here? We need something with his DNA on it." Officer Taylor asked the confused and overwhelmed chief of surgery, who was looking at her dumbfounded.

"Can someone please take a second to explain to me what the hell is going on here?!"

"We have reason to believe that Preston Burke murdered Izzie Stevens, assisted Derek in torturing Rose, and murdered a woman in Louisiana. All three bodies have the same DNA on them, if we could compare that DNA with Burke's then we will no for sure if he's our guy. Are you aware of him having any ties to Louisiana?"

"He is a graduate of Tulane University… Is this about the murdered professor? Burke talked about it, apparently she was one of his professors and she was murdered not long after he finished medical school. Said if it wasn't for her he never would have even made it into medical school." Richard gasped, the pieces starting to fall into place.

"Yes, ten years ago a young woman was on her way back to her sorority house after attending a frat party and found Professor Marla Thompson dead. The body had DNA on it but there were no matches in the system and they had no leads. Thanks to DNA, we now know she was killed by the same man who killed Izzie Stevens and we have reason to believe that that man is Preston Burke. Now does he have a locker?" Officer Taylor exclaimed, getting frustrated. Richard nodded and led them to the attendings' lounge, pointing out Burke's locker. They opened the locker and with gloved hands, Agent Nicholls pulled out and bagged his scrub cap.

"We need to get a picture of him over to the jail where Shepherd is being held and show it to the guards. If any of them recognize him then we know that he is the mysterious "Christopher Shepherd" who smuggled in the phone with Meredith's number." Officer Taylor suggested to the other two, who agreed and asked Richard to pull Burke's employee file.

"There's already an officer sitting outside of Addison's house, but I don't think that's enough considering the current situation. We need more of a police presence over there and we need to tell Addison and Meredith what's going on." Officer Jacobs added.

"I am way ahead of you, I already have an FBI team on their way to sit on the house. I think it's time you two bring me to meet Meredith, we can explain everything to them in person while the team sets up." Agent Nicholls tells the other two while handing off the bagged scrubbed cap to another officer with instructions to bring it straight to the lab and to rush the DNA. They soon found themselves on Addison's doorstep right as the FBI team pulled up. "Start setting up the outside surveillance while we fill them in on what's going on." Nicholls ordered her team as Taylor knocked on the door which was soon opened by a slightly drunk Cristina Yang.

"Dr. Yang, nice to see you again. Can we come in?" Officer Jacobs asked the stumbling intern who just stepped to the side to let the three in before following them into the living room where Meredith, Addison, and Arizona were.

"It wasn't the Chinese food." Cristina grumbled as she dropped back down on the couch, lifting a bottle of tequila to her lips and taking a generous sip, pouting when Arizona took the bottle from her. "Izzie was murdered and I missed out on a surgery, now I can't even drink?"

"Sorry about her, as you can probably imagine she's had a rough day." Addison told them while shooting Cristina a half hearted version of her Satan glare.