𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

Start from the beginning

My eyes follow him as his face scrunches up at Pope, slowly walking up to him until he was right in front of him. "Enough with the regret, man!" JJ resorts, his tone harsh. Whilst he raised one of his hands up, pointing his index finger at the purple bruise on the side of Pope's forehead.

I shake my head at the two boys. I cross my arms over my chest, the fabric of the strap of my backpack rubbing my forearm uncomfortably.

JJ let's his arm drop to his sides with a small thud to his shorts.

"They caved your face in." JJ sighed out. Wincing once he gets a better looks at the bruise. Whilst Pope tightened his lips together, shaking his head ever so slightly.

I eye them down. "They hit us, we hit them." I chimed in lowly. And I watch as JJ nods to my words.

"It's the law of the jungle." JJ agrees with me. And I could practically hear the smile in his voice.

He sighs lowly. Whilst I take a few steps forward, coming to a stop right beside JJ. "Now, if any Kooks come up to you and asks if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to 'em, look them right in the eye," He starts. Whilst he took a singular step forward, closer to Pope.

I pull my lower lip in between my teeth, already knowing where this was going.

JJ raises one of his arms, putting his hand into Pope's shoulder, whilst using his other hand to point his middle and index finger to his eyes.

I hum, "And.." I say lowly. Whilst Pope's eyes flicker to me for a moment, softening. His face was serious though. Because this situation was serious.

God, we were fucked.

JJ hummed lowly, waiting for Pope to answer.

Pope's eyes flicker back to his, whilst he nods. "Deny the living shit out of it." He stated, his voice was serious.

I nodded, along with JJ.

"That's right." JJ chimes in, letting his fingers that were pointed at his eyes fall to Pope's chest, whilst he pointed there, repeating.

A smile forms on my lips slightly, "Deny, deny, deny." I confirm. Whilst I continued to twist my ring on my thumb, over and over.

I was almost one hundred percent sure if I took my ring off my thumb there would be a mark of redness.

JJ's head turned back slightly too look at me, "But just for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection." He spoke lowly. Whilst he took his hands off Pope fully. Rising one index finger to point at the backpack on my bag. 

I couldn't help but let a grin form on my lip, as JJ gives me a soft smile. His eyes were connect with mine, and they were so soft. My heart warmed.

I nod slightly, "Hm, all right?" I say lowly. As my grin widens. I couldn't help it, having any excuse to use mine and JJ's gun made me quite beaming.

I watch as JJ's face lights up at my expression, because him also, loved any excuse.

His smile widened.

My eyes shift to Pope for a moment to see him nod his head. "Okay.." He murmurs, but it was loud enough for JJ and I too barely hear.