𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

꧁🝮꧂

My heart ached. It was physically hurting for Pope. Whilst we were sitting inside of his Da's boat. Heywards. Pope was sitting on the edge of the boat, my now, bloodied up shirt dabbing his bottom lip gently, whilst he winced slightly in pain.

Cold wind blowing on my bare upper body. My knuckles were slightly sore. They had dried blood on them from Topper's busted lip. And the thought made a smile pull at my lips.

Bloody lip. God, I wanted to see how much I fucked up his face.

After we had gotten done testing out the drone we stole, we later took orders out for Pope's Da. JJ came along, of course. After he practically begged.

"Are your hands okay?" Pope whispers sincerely, his voice was strained. My heart throbbed for him. Fuck them, fuck Topper more.

I nodded lightly, my eyes flickering to his dark brown ones. I give him a soft smile as I dabbed his lip one more time, I bend back up fully.

I lay my shirt down on the boat, before crossing my arms over my chest. "I seen Topper's face, it was fucked." He said whilst chuckling. I let my smile form on my lips as I let out a small laugh.

Good.

I nod, though anger was all I felt as I remembered what happened. "I'm bloody glad. And I'm glad you're okay, P." I tell him softly. whilst I gazed into his eyes with softness.

It hurt to see him like this. It was Pope, he was so pure. How could he do this to him? It angered me to the point where I wanted to go after Topper again. Because, it's Pope, it's bloody Pope, the smart, shy, Pope.

He nodded too, his cut bottom lip parted from his top one as he let out a small sigh. "I'm glad you're okay, too. And thank you.." He said lowly.
In which I nodded again.

I knew he was referring to what happened between Topper and I.

"P, you're one of my best friends, I would have did that without thinking twice. And I did. Don't thank me, hm?" I tell him, giving him a goofy smile to lighten up his down mood.

He tilted his head to the side, his hooded eyes on mine whilst he gave me a little smile. My heart warmed.

"JJ is going to flip, though. Like, A. You know how he is with you. Fuck this is bad." Pope states the obvious. I knew that, I'm the same with him.

Pope had worry in his eyes, and I understood why. JJ can be crazy, he can be out of control when it comes to me. And I know that because it's happened before. I've done the same.

And fuck my knuckles were sore.

I let out a deep breath, nodding ever so slightly. I uncross my arms, drumming my thumb over my other hand, on my knuckles that were purple and light blue. Making my nose scrunch up.

I hiss out a sigh at the touch of it. "Hey, hey.. let me see, yeah?" Pope asks, as he watches my face scrunch up in displeasure.

I hesitate for a moment, but before I could let him see them I hear a cheery voice. "Mae mae! Pope!" JJ's excited voice enters my ear. I freeze in my place for a moment, along with Pope.

My eyes land on Pope's as his eyebrows raise. He slides his hat that was loose on his head down more to cover the large bruise. "Guys, you are not going to believe what happened to me, fuck!" He tells us through a fit of  laughter. And I could hear his footsteps thumping on the long peer as he ran.

A smile almost appeared on my lips at his voice but, I ended up hissing once again as Pope reaches his hand forward, grazing his thumb beside mine that was over my bruised, cut knuckles.