𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

꧁❧꧂

I stood on the edge of the HMS Pogue, JJ beside me. My hands on the dips of my hips.

My eyes search below the water, managing to see a little of the sunken boat as the sun dared to shine on it.

Dinner with the Cameron's engrave in my mind.

Shit.

I can't go, I can't.

I let the wind blow on my body, pushing the thoughts behind me.

The wind wasn't cold, it was warm, and it felt amazing.

I let a sigh surpass my lips, as I glanced over at Jb. "This is empty. You took empty tanks?" Kiara quizzed John b, as he thumbed down beside her.

I hear JJ laugh beside me, making a laugh fall from my lips.

I've always loved his laugh, and how it made me laugh. It could be in the worst situation and he'd laugh, and I can never stop myself from laughing with him.

"You stole from your boss for nothin—" I started to scold my idiot mate but got cut off by Kiara.

"This one's a quarter full." Kiara informed us sarcastically, her eyes staring down John b as she shook her head.

A quarter full. He stole empty tanks. And there's one. And it's only a quarter full.

I shake my head at his ignorance.

"It's enough for one of us." John b grumbled, shrugging as he ran his fingers through his long hair.

I let the cool wind blow my dark locks back as I breath in the air.

"I love it when our plans come together." Pope joked but kept his voice solemn, making a chuckle fall from my lips as I glance over at him, his feet propped against the steer.

His eyes staring ahead at John b and Kiara.

JJ stepped closer to me, making my attention move from Pope as JJ gently wrapped his arm around my waist, shoving my frame against his side as I put my elbow on his shoulder, my hand dangling down.

My body warms against his. And I think he knows because he moves more closer to me, making my heart thump in my chest, my mind blank.

I love how he can make me laugh, smile, feel warm inside without even trying, he just simply smiles at me and my mind clears and I smile back without even knowing I do, and I love that, this. I love him. My J.

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Kiara asked, turning her head to look at me. I shrug. Knowing full well that I can't.

Yeah, I know I grew up on figure eight but diving never came to thought, I never wanted to try, nor learn for some reason. But surfing? I love surfing, It makes me feel alive, almost as alive as riding my motorcycle. I just love the ocean, it's color, everything about it, and surfing clicked with me.

I snap out of thought, peering my eyes over at Kiara as I leaned more against JJ.

Kiara panned her eyes around to the boys and me, I start pointing my free hand at each of them who pointed back at me, except for JJ who points at them, as we all laugh.

"Anybody?" Kiara spoke up again, fully aware none of us hadn't learned to dive.

Her eyes land on me again. Bleeding Kiara.

I open my mouth to scold her because she knows I can't, but JJ speaks before me.

"No, and you know that. Last time she tried I watched her belly flop, her stomach was re—." JJ shakes his head as I quickly place my left hand over his mouth.