01 | ENJOY THE SILENCE.

"All I ever wanted, all I ever needed, is here in my arms."

The hospital was cold, and empty. Not at all better then home, but atleast she was surrounded by people who could help.

It was her first day here. After calling the ambulance, they knocked down her door - seeing as she was unable to open it, which would ofcourse cost her more money along with the rent.

The ambulance was terrifying. There were two doctors surrounding her, whilst she was struggling to breathe. She had to put on some machine, which did luckily give her some relief.

Although, the blood which was now still on her hands, should have never been there. Aaliyah didn't at all recall getting any fatal injuries - atleast not any containing blood.

She had been asigned to a hospital room, luckily pretty close to the entrance of the hospital. If anything happenend, she could easily exit the buidling.

Despite being in a supposed safe space, her nerves weren't calmed at all. She thought - no, she knew that for sure the nightmares wouldn't stop. If she told a nurse, they might think that she was crazy. She didn't want to go to a mental hospital. Not again, atleast.

The hospital food she had been served, was pretty much disgusting - though she appreciated it. Aaliyah had spent the whole day in the hospital watching the news, nothing special.

It was now midnight, but she was still awake. Anyone could easily access the room. What if something happenend?

She sighed, turning the TV off and putting the remote control on the nightstand. 

She suddenly heard voices down the hallway. Doctors wouldn't walk around at this hour - right?

"Shh, Bekah. We just need to get the - and then we'll be gone." A hushed voice said. She wasn't able to identify the whole sentence, but from what she did hear, she knew that it wasn't a doctor.

Aaliyah immediately stood up, her feet touching the ice cold floor. Gosh, couldn't they afford some sort of heater?

She walked towards the doorway, and peeked around the corner, to see two people looking through the rooms. Fuck. She didn't have her self defense - what was she going to do? What if they hurt her? She didn't even have anything as simple as pepper spray..

Her heartbeat noticeably quickened, as Aaliyah nervously took deep breaths in. It was going to be okay. They are going to leave, and -

Her thoughts were immediately stopped, as one of the people ran at her - with inhuman speed. She flinched, as tears slowly started brimming her eyes. What the fuck? It wasn't possible for anyone to move so quick..

The man froze, staring down at the helpless girl. She was dressed in a hospital gown, her hair messy, and her eyes glossy.

"Please don't hurt me." Aaliyah whispered, her tone scared and soft.

The woman accompanying the man, turned around and stared at her, a confused look plastered onto her face.

"Kol? What are you-" The woman stopped right in her sentence, as she now saw Aaliyah. "Bloody hell."

It felt as if Aaliyah's throat was sown shut. She didn't know what the hell to do - she wasn't able to utter a single word. Her heartbeat was quickening at an ungodly speed, something which wasn't healthy, at all. Was this a heart attack? Or yet another panic attack?

"It's impossible." The blonde said, slowly approaching Aaliyah, careful not to scare her. She looked like a deer caught in headlights.

A tear slipped down Aaliyah's face, which both the people quickly noticed. Their faces softenend, before the man put his arm on her lower back.

Aaliyah tensed, her eyes widening quickly. Something about his touch felt gentle - although she couldn't trust him. He walked into a hospital, in the middle of the night, looking for who knows what. This didn't feel safe, at all.

"We're not going to hurt you, darling. Don't worry." Kol comforted. Aaliyah relaxed slightly in his hold, though still ready to make a run towards the exit if needed.

"Who- what.. why are you here?" Aaliyah stuttered. She had millions of questions in mind, although she feared that if she asked the wrong one.. they wouldn't be as merciful as they were right now.

"Don't worry about that." The woman said, as she seemed to be concentrating on something - although it wasn't clear what.

"Kol, her heartbeat, that isn't normal." The blonde whispered to Kol, although Aaliyah partially heard what she said.

Well, no shit.

"Oh really, I haven't noticed that yet. As if it isn't bloody obvious." Kol commented, rolling his eyes sarcastically. "Come on darling, why don't you return to ur room?" He offered, his hand not leaving her back.

"Uhm, i.. okay?" Aaliyah replied, furrowing her eyebrows. They didn't seem that bad.. right?

Aaliyah walked back into her assigned room, tensing as she turned around. She glanced behind her shoulder, just to make sure they weren't planning anything. Kol guided her to sit on the edge of her bed, his hand only leaving her when she was fully sat.

"It's, uh, pretty late. Maybe you should sleep." The woman said, her eyebrows furrowing. "It's not really normal for someone like you to be up this late.."

Someone like me?.. did she mean, like, someone in the hospital?

"No." Aaliyah quickly answered. No way in hell, that she was going to sleep. She didn't want to endure those horrible nightmares again.

Who are these people? And why in hell are they being so.. kind and gentle? They aren't doctors - i think. I haven't seen them here. Plus, it's the middle of the goddamn night.. they'd be crazy.

"Why not? Come on, love. It's good for you. Especially since ur in the hospital." The woman tries convincing her, but Aaliyah still didn't want to.

Her nightmares horrified her. She'd rather go without sleep, then have to experience that again.

"I said no." Aaliyah sternly replies, as Kol and the blonde glanced at eachother for a short while.

A / N

ummm short but steady chapter I think?
I hope it's good HEKSJDJ I tried writing some repetitive behavior, especially in the paranoia she'd continue to experience. I also have introduced Kol and.. well, it's pretty obvious whom. But who do y'all think? Anyways, a lot is still going to happen, especially angst. Stay tuned!