The moment I let them in

Everyone was watching Wendy on the screen, who was in turn watching the television (how ironic), and they heard the blizzard finally approaching, effectively leaving the Torrances trapped inside the Overlook.

Then they saw "Danny" taking another of his harrowing tricycle around the hotel.

At that moment, Dustin comments, -Dude... I swear, if something suddenly appears in the hallways, I'm going to shit myself-

Mike was about to silence him, when Will suddenly let out a light laugh and responded -thanks for the warning... well you better go to the bathroom to get a roll of toilet paper... in fact, you better bring the whole package- and finished the last of his glass of "soda".

That left everyone somewhat shocked, not only because he was able to laugh at the situation, but because of his tone, there was something different about him, something that wasn't right.

But they tried to understand that this was a bad time for him and preferred to give him space.

Steve tried to put a hand on his shoulder, but Will turned to look at him with a look he didn't recognize on his face and asked angrily -Are you offering anything?-

The older boy preferred to apologize by raising his hands and regaining his distance, overwhelmed by the younger's new attitude.

The only one of them all who seemed not completely satisfied was Mike, who was looking at his best friend with a rather cautious expression.

They watched as "Danny" arrived at the infamous gate 227 and everyone was alarmed when they saw him get off his tricycle.

Joyce immediately claimed -Will... they told you not to come near- he turned to look at her with a slight expression of regret and commented -he also said that they couldn't hurt me, besides you already know me... I was always a very morbid child- shrugging her shoulders. .

That also caught everyone's attention, that carefree tone was also new, along with that empty smile, although they found it familiar.

Everyone saw how the boy touched the doorknob and a feeling of terror ran through them completely, but when the door didn't open everyone exhaled calmly, everyone except Will.

When suddenly the twins' faces appeared and everyone jumped in alarm, everyone, again, except Will, who absentmindedly muttered -it must have been at that moment-

Joyce asked -What moment, honey?- to which he simply responded -the moment I let them in- and he didn't say anything else, until the scene changed and he said -I'm going to get more soda- and got up to walk to the kitchen.

He didn't pause the movie, they thought about taking the remote control, but the rule was that whoever owned the movie had to have control, so they left it.

Then everyone witnessed the verbal abuse with which Jack attacked Wendy, this shocked everyone.

But Hopper noticed something else, that new aggressive tone that Will suddenly had, was very similar to Jack's, and that empty smile to make light of things, was like Wendy's, he would have to talk to the boy later.

Then Will walked back into the living room and sat on the couch, showing no interest in rewinding the tape, and no one wanting to pressure him, so they ignored him.

Maybe if they weren't so intent on feeling sorry for him... they would have noticed that his glass was much more orange than it should be.

/ " / " / " /

If I have to be completely honest, I am quite bothered by the general pity that the entire fandom seems to have for Will, so I decided to be creative with the psychological issues, after all "the party" doesn't know "Danny" at all, yet.

Criticism and comments are welcome.