𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 18

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 18

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 18

IT'S BEEN A FEW WEEKS SINCE I FIGURED OUT THE EGG. Harry hasn't. I offered him my help; practically told him what the clue was, but he didn't want to hear it. "Harry, you told me you figured out the egg weeks ago!" Hermione screeches out. "The task is two days from now." I say to him. "Really? I had no idea." He says with a slight eye roll.

"I suppose Viktor figured it out?" Harry asks the woman. "I wouldn't know. We don't actually talk about The Tournament. Actually, we don't really talk at all. Viktor's more of a physical being." I raise my eyebrows at Hermione's words. Harry lets out a chuckle and Hermione's cheeks warm pink.

"I just mean he's not particularly loquacious." Harry hums with raised eyebrows. I feel his gloved fingers interlock with mine. "Mostly, he watches me study." Harry laughs slightly. "It's a bit annoying, actually." She glances at Harry and my hands. "Which is more than I can say for the both of you." My cheeks warm and my hair turns pink.

She lets out a laugh. "What? You guys can talk about my relationship but I can't talk about yours?" She laughs out before her face furrows. "You are in a relationship? Aren't you?" I blink once. Harry and I haven't expressed romance in each other. I don't even know if he returns my feelings. "You aren't? Oh come on, you both are so obvious." She says before sighing.

"You are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?" She asks him before her eyes trail to me. "Jupiter figured out the egg not even a week after she got it." Hermione points out. "What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asks her. "These tasks are designed to test us. In the most brutal way." I say to him and Hermione joins in.

"They're almost cruel, and I'm scared for you both. Harry, you got by the dragon mostly on nerve. I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time." Cedric calls out mine and Harry's name. I turn to him. Harry sighs and we walk over to the Hufflepuff. "Cedric." Harry says and the boy stutters for his words. "How— how are you?" He asks us; Harry.

"Spectacular." Harry frowns out. "Look, I realise I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons." He thanks us. "Forget it. I'm sure you would've done the same for us." Harry goes to turn around. "Exactly." The boy says and I take a glance at him. "You know the Prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor?" He leans closer to us. We nod.

"It's not a bad place for a bath." Harry frowns and Cedric leans away. "Just take your egg... and mull things over in the hot water." He smiles sheepishly and walks away from the frowning Harry. "Did you understand a word he just said?" Harry turns to me and I nod.

"That's the clue." He nods and I take in a breath. "I don't care if you don't need my help, I'm going to help you anyway." I say to him. "Go to the prefects bathroom and open the egg underwater, go underwater and you'll hear the clue." He awaits my words. "It's the black lake. You've got to breathe underwater for an hour. Can you do that? No you can't. So you have to either use a charm, plant, or potion to do it. Or Transfigure yourself into a bloody fish!"

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I sit in the library with a bunch of Herbology books in front of me. I'm searching for something to help Harry breathe underwater. I spot Neville in the library and close the book, walking over to him. "Neville, what plant could help you breathe underwater for an hour? I was thinking Gillyweed. But I'm not too sure because of the debate between salt water and fresh water properties." Neville nods at my words.

"Gillyweed would work, but I'm also worried about the effects from salt water and fresh water." I hum in thought. "I could try to get some from Professor Sprout, if you'd like?" I nod at his words and give him a small smile. "That would be great, thank you Neville." He smiles and I walk over to Harry. Hermione and Ron have vanished. Moody stands there and Harry scrambles to get the books back.

"I had a thought, and I've discussed it with Neville—" Moody calls Neville by his last name to help us put the books away. "And I think Gillyweed could work." I grow my legs to place one of the books back before shrinking back to my height. "Do you know that there's a wizard in Nepal who's growing gravity-resistant trees?" I nod along, fascinated at Neville's words.

"Neville, no offence, but I really don't care about plants. Now if there's a... Tibetan Turnip that will allow me to breathe under water for an hour then great, but otherwise-" Neville cuts him off. "I don't know about Turnip's, but like Jupiter said, you could always use Gillyweed." Harry shoots me a grateful look and I put the books back.

"Neville said he could possibly get some from Professor Sprout." I tell Harry and he pushes to stand with a slight yawn. "Neville, that would be great if you could." Harry tells him and the boy smiles with a nod before walking away.

"You really should listen to him speak, it's fascinating. And who knows, next task we might need gravity-resistant trees."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

933 Words

A/N- I'm really liking this fic.

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare