Chapter: 40

Divya Desai Pov

"Do not please I beg you" I begged, but he ignored it fully and kept walking towards me, his hands were covered in blood.

I crawl back as he took steps towards me,  I'm literally scared right now and the belt in his hand is not helping me in any way possible.

Someone save me

I want to scream my lungs out, but nobody is here, no body Will be here. It's just he and his dark aura surrounding me.

"Ahhhhhhh" The scream left my mouth.

I got up quickly sweating and saw that I was sleeping in my room.

I'm safe.

My body was shaking violently, and I couldn’t help but cry. I miss Aayansh and wish he were here with me, especially at this time.

The panic attacks won’t leave me alone; they still haunt me. I realized I was still wearing my Sangeet lehenga, having been so exhausted that I fell asleep as soon as I lay on the bed.

Upon waking, I walked to the bathroom, stripped off my clothes, and stood under the shower. I let the cold water cascade over my trembling body, which felt feverishly hot.

The echoes of my screams still haunt me.

I ran my fingers through my wet hair, noticing my makeup had smeared from the water.

This is Divya Desai,

my subconscious mind whispered. Overwhelmed, I couldn’t contain myself any longer; I screamed until I was completely drained of energy.

Draped in a robe, I found clothes too burdensome to wear at the moment.

My breath caught when I noticed a figure sleeping peacefully on my bed. Although I couldn’t see his face, I recognized him instantly as his mint cologne permeated the room.

Letting the robe fall from my body leaving me naked I walked closer to bed and lie down beside him, his breaths touching my nape and I took a deep breath.

He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me closer letting my naked back touch his naked hard chest.

My body felt cold in his presence of warmth.

"Are you naked?" He asked in his sleepy voice and I managed to say "Do not talk, just sleep" and he snuggle his face in the crook of my neck.

Aayansh Shekhawat, you are my home.

I realize there’s still much he needs to learn about me, and perhaps he already does, for he has his own methods; he is unpredictable.

Soon, sleep overtook me.

Next Morning, When I woke up, he was not here. He leaves before sunrise because then my face would be visible to him, so he makes sure to leave early.

Today is the day I’m finally going to marry the person who taught me who I truly am, who taught me to love myself first and to feel for him more intensely than ever.

Bhavna, Chavi, and Navya are hovering around me today because Maa instructed them not to leave me alone—her beliefs.

The day passed with me just sitting in my room, watching myself in the mirror, arranging things to ensure that nothing goes awry at that moment.

My wedding lehenga is here in the room, and I cannot stop myself from admiring it. It’s a pure blood red, so perfect for my body—yes, I have tried it on before, but today it will feel different.