4. coffee to go?

zoe was sitting on the counter of the coffee shop as cam wore his apron, working around the machines to get the orders while zoe was talking to him about anything and everything that came to mind. it's sort of what she did, while also helping him get coffee to the tables if he had his hands full. he enjoyed spending time like this with her just hearing her talk.

"-and then mom was telling me about this website where you can adopt emperor penguins in the antarctic and like get updates on how it's doing and stuff while it just lives it's life!" she beamed "god, i love penguins."

"what was your favorite animal again? penguins did you say?" cam asked with a furrow of his brow, fighting a teasing smile that was twitching on his lips

zoe playfully pushed him on the shoulder "ha ha, very funny, cam-bear."

cam laughed "but really, why don't you come to the marine animal rescue in town? they have a few there. it's where i go friday's to do research and stuff,"

"aww cam is this your way of asking me to spend more time with you?" she asked wistfully, dramatically holding her hand to her heart and cam rolled his eyes playfully

"yeah, what can i say, zo? i'm just a sucker for your company," he smiled

zoe suddenly felt her face heart up and chuckled softly, jumping off the counter "well, how far is it from here?"

"it's just a ten minute boat ride." cam said and suddenly bit his lip, realizing that the possibility of this was completely off the table.

his assumptions were right because he watched as zoe's smile faded and she tucked her hair behind both ears "oh..."

"um, actually, you know. never mind. it's kind of a boring afternoon, just forget it." he said, finishing off a coffee order

zoe nodded slowly "r-right."

he didn't know how to say something to get her mood back up to where it had been previously... boats were an extremely sensitive subject for her. she hated them & deep waters.

"zoe-"

"um, i've gotta... meet up with my mom. she wanted to get some groceries for this attempt at a new food recipe, so..." zoe forced a weak laugh and grabbed her tote bag from the counter "i'll see you later,"

cam smiled softly, nodding as he looked at her sympathetically "yeah okay..."

zoe nodded as she quickly walked towards the entrance of the coffee shop, walking past a group of four who were entering the space.

cam sighed to himself, rubbing his hands over his face as he brought a coffee to a table and then headed back to the counter

the blonde girl from the group went up towards him "three lattes and one mango smoothie to go,"

cam fought an eye roll and just smiled politely "anything else?"

"all good," the girl grinned and took out her card from their purse to pay. of course she was rich - cam thought.

"thank you," a girl with braids behind her cut in politely, giving him a small smile which he appreciated.

the group of four waited to the side while cam made their orders. when they were ready, he slid them on the counter towards their grasp. just as the bell of the entrance rang and cam noticed his twin sister walking through, the blonde girl had taken her coffee to turn around and head out.

cam widened his eyes "laila watch out—"

when jenny turned around, laughing at something she'd said, they collided full force with a curly-haired girl. jenny spilled their coffee all over the both of them - mostly the curly-haired girl then herself which they were extremely thankful for.

"oh my god!" laila exclaimed as the contents of jenny's drink dripped over her pink oversized buttoned shirt that was over her bikini top

"shit! why did you get in the way?" jenny questioned, using the few napkins she had on her to try and dry themselves.

"this is literally the entrance what other way do you want me to take?" laila rolled her eyes, groaning as she removed her pink top "great, it's ruined now."

jenny widened her eyes at the fact that this girl just randomly removed her top and stood in her bikini in a coffee shop, but she regained herself when they got a good look at the shirt & snorted "well, it was an ugly top anyway, so consider me honored to help."

laila stared at jenny for a couple seconds and took in their appearance "uh huh... new yorker. makes sense."

"how could you tell i was form new york?" jenny tilted their head

"well... you dress like a gossip girl character."

jenny put her hand on their heart "i'm touched."

laila shook her head and sighed, seeing cam finally appearing with a mop and bucket

"here," he handed laila a towel to wrap her shirt in and turned to jenny "do you want me to get you another order?"

"yeah, that'd be good." jenny folded her arms

cam and laila exchanged a look and he started cleaning up the mess while the girls stood away from it.

"listen, this shirt cost me thirty dollars, so-"

jenny laughed and stopped when seeing laila being confused "oh shit, you're serious... fine, here."

laila had no idea what was happening right now... because this rich hot tourist just took out her wallet to hand them thirty dollars in cash.

"oookay..." the curly-haired girl took the money from jenny's hand, who just smiled satisfied

"great. water under the tunnel,"

"the bridge," laila corrected

"what bridge?"

"it's water under the bridge,"

jenny shrugged "meh, i like mine better."

laila's eyes searched jenny's face for a moment longer as cam came back to give them the new coffee.

taking it, jenny saw her friends had found a table outside, so they nodded a goodbye to the curly-haired girl and headed for the door

"i'm laila,"

jenny turned around and raised her eyebrows "good to know," she smirked slightly, opening the door to head out.

+

+

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.