Chapter 31: Confrontation

???: "Interesting? Hm, yes, I agree. This seems like it will make quite the entertaining trial indeed!"

 This seems like it will make quite the entertaining trial indeed!"

Y/N: "A trial? Entertaining...?"

 Arlecchino: "Hm. I would suppose that this is your preferred method of resolving conflict, isn't it? Safely in your perch whilst an adoring crowd acts as a witness... and as a deterrent."

???: "I- I have no idea what you mean by that... But of course trials are how disputes are settled, it is how things have always been done in Fontaine. Why change a working system after all? Ahaha...ha..."

It would seem that this newcomer was also feeling quite unnerved, despite the rather flamboyant entrance she had opened with. I suppose, then, that this strange and eccentric lady was just as intimidated by the Knave's presence as I now was.

Arlecchino: "Or is it because of whatever plans you have for all that Indemnitium unaccounted for, I wonder..."

???: ". . ."

Arlecchino: "Ah, gone quiet again. Doing that whenever something difficult arises won't solve our issues, you know."

???: ". . ."

Y/N: "Perhaps, if you spoke to her without such an antagonistic tone then she might be more willing to waste her breath on such a heartless villain such as yourself."

Arlecchino: "Oh? You think so? Unfortunately I have tried such an approach with her already, playing house at her frivolous tea parties and all. But the only thing I've found to get results is when I speak with a harsher tone... amongst other things..."

This demon in sheep's clothing who stood amongst us seemed to relish whatever memories it was that her words had brought to the forefront of her mind. A bone chilling smile having crept onto her lips. And her eyes as red as death took an exaggerated glance towards this distressed stranger adorned in a deep–sea blue. And in response to Arlecchino's actions, the young lady visibly recoiled with a sputter before bringing her hands up to her chest, as if she was guarding her vitals from an impending attack...

Y/N: "You will do no such things in my presence, regardless of the results it grants you. I know what you lot do those poor people you appropriate. I will not allow you to bring harm to yet another young lady!"

Arlecchino: "Young lady? Ah. It would seem I made an incorrect assumption... I would have assumed that a guest to the nation as important as you would have already met with its Archon. I assumed your disinterest in her was borne of a disagreement also, rather than from unfamiliarity."

Y/N: "Archon...?"

Arlecchino: "Indeed. I suppose, with the poor thing all clammed up as she is now, I will have to handle introductions. This is, as you might have guessed, Lady Furina, also known as Focalors: the Hydro Archon of Fontaine. And to you, Lady Furina, this is Y/N. A Knight of Favonius, hailing from Mondstadt after having been shunned from their last home in Liyue."