World Building

Here are The United Districts of Katharos, a nation that is based loosely on the U.S. It is a nation of 15 Districts, each with their own unique district seal and signature characteristics. I do have this published in another book, but I figured this would be easier to do for anyone new to my account

The shape of the Districts are inspired by a 7-pointed faerie star because I thought it looked cool and felt like a nation based off the shape would be neat ^^ Each district has signature magics, however this only means that people born in these d...

The shape of the Districts are inspired by a 7-pointed faerie star because I thought it looked cool and felt like a nation based off the shape would be neat ^^ Each district has signature magics, however this only means that people born in these districts are more likely to develop those specific or related abilities; it's not a guaranteed thing and there has been a shortage of people actually born with magical abilities ever since The Rot arrived on the continent, many theorizing that the magical plague has thrown off the energies of the rest of the continent.

Now, to go more into depth with the Districts (I will probably add more the more I work on this, I kinda just wanted to give an update on what I've been working on ^^)

Alcmene District

Characterized by its many mountain ranges, especially by the moon-shaped range titled the Evernight Mountains in the shape of a crescent moon, the Alcmene District is one shrouded by night and snow. The citizens of Alcmene are more tribal by nature, and when it comes to sending a representative to the Capital District they come together and elect a head representative as well as members of their diplomatic entourage being from other tribes. They don't tend to interact much with other Districts unless absolutely necessary. The people of Alcmene come off as cold, aloof, independent, and indifferent. They aren't known as being good communicators unless it comes to matters that involve their tribe. They have very traditional values, are more in-tune with magic and tend to worship elemental spirits and gods. They don't deal with a lot of technology with even some tribes being incredibly anti-technology. The main power that is associated with Alcmene is healing, however they possess a lot of night-themed powers as well, including: shadow travel & manipulation, incredibly talented trackers and hunters, night-vision, resistance to the cold, and teleportation. It is nicknamed "The Dark District," not only because of the anti-technology aspect of the district, but the district is also shrouded in darkness for roughly 3/4's of the year. On their district seal is the crescent moon as well as stars representing the different tribes living there.

Arizan District

A district that supplies most of the U.D.'s logging and mining industry, they have a mid-west vibe to them, there are a multitude of small towns with a multitude of forests and mountain ranges shared with the Alcmene District surrounding them. They're also known for being a popular camping, fishing, and hiking district with its close ties to nature. The magic typically associated with this district has themes related to nature as a result, specifically abilities including communication with & control over animals, but also enhanced speed and strength, protection magic, and shape-shifting. The people themselves are known for their friendly disposition and hospitality, down-to-earth nature, being hard-working, patriotic, and religious. They do have a wariness of outsiders and it may take some time and effort to earn their trust, but once accepted it will be like you're a part of the family. They are also interested in new forms of technology, especially in regards to mining, harvesting, and preserving natural resources. They're very big on community and have close family ties. Their district seal consists of a cedar tree with branches that almost appear like antlers that represents their ties to nature as well as the tight bonds within families (were the first users of the genealogical organization method known as the family tree).