𝟎𝟏𝟎. love at first bite

chapter tenlove at first bite

chapter ten
love at first bite

🩸

Rory just went out that morning to get some groceries for the house they were lacking when she returned home, seeing cabinets thrown open and stuff laying around the house. Her head snapped towards the living room where she heard footsteps making the old floor boards creak. Her shoulders tensed as she gently placed the groceries down, picking up the first thing that was close to her, an empty glass flower vase.

She slowly crept closer to the clanging sounds as she rose the vase next to her head. She gasped when her brother rounded the corner.

"Jason!" Her eyes flew to the silver candlesticks in one hand and a woven bag in the other as she slowly let her arm fall to her side. "What are you doin'?"

"Huh? Huh?" The sweaty man shrugged. "Nothin'."

"Where's Sookie?"

"Upstairs sleeping, she came home earlier." Jason approached her, dragging the bag in his one hand along with him. He rolled his eyes at his next words. "She came in with bite marks on her neck. She went ahead and did it, our own sister. She's nothin' but a damn fangbanger. She saved it all these years for a fuckin' vampire, can you believe it?"

Rory narrowed her eyes in the boy who dissed their sister, her protectiveness over Sookie clouding her senses. "He doesn't hit her, which is more than I can say for you."

"I tried to apologize for that, but neither you or Sookie would let me!" Jason protested in his weak defense. "What are you doin' with Gran's candlesticks?" Rory changed the topic, gesturing to the items in his grasp.

"I'm just uh, takin' half of what's mine."

"It were her wedding present from her mother."