𝟎𝟎𝟕. your friendly neighborhood vampire

chapter sevenyour friendly neighborhood vampire

chapter seven
your friendly neighborhood vampire

🩸

Rory smiled as she handed out pamphlets to the towns folk coming into the church. She stood at the entrance with Gran, greeting the towns folk who came to see the guest of honor, Bill Compton who was currently sat in the kitchen by his lonesome with a bottle of Tru Blood.

Gran chuckled when Arlene, Rene and the two kids approached them, the kids the most eager. "Hi, there, munchkins. Oh, I reckon you're the youngest history buffs we've had at the DGD."

"Yeah, well, they wouldn't stay home for nothin'." Rene said as Rory handed her little God Children their own pamphlets. "The minute they heard a vampire, they had to come."

When Rene was talking and Rory was looking at him, she had a sensation like spiders crawling on her flow through her, like he were the devil himself hiding behind a facade. A chill ran through her body and it caused her teeth to chatter slightly. She found herself surveying Rene, a man who has stuck up for her and as been the embodiment of a good man. She doesn't  know why she got the feeling of seeing the cold decaying skin on a corpse now. It was like the whispers were giving her advice, coercing with her feelings.

"Yeah."

Rene patted Rory on the shoulder — to which his touch felt like hot iron and almost made her flinch — before the family of four went to find some seats just as Mayor Norris and his wife approached Gran and Rory.

"Well, hello there, Mayor Norris." Gran greeted with a smile at the man who walked with a cane. "Evening, Adele, Rory. Quite a turn out. Isn't it? Good thing Myra made extra ambrosia." Mayor Norris said.

"Oh, Andy Bellefleur will like that. He's with the Dearbornes." Gran pointed to the newly appointed detective sat with his boss and his wife. "Look, Lord knows why Bud insisted on wearing his uniform."