The tracker-our connection

SABBY

CHAPTER 4

I once read a story about a man who woke up in the middle of the night unprovoked and shot his family. When he was asked why he did what he did he said he didn't really know what had possessed him to do such. So if this man could shoot his own family what would stop Mr Gunshots from waking up and deciding to kill me? We're not even related. Sometimes I'm so stupid that I know even a mental asylum would send me right back home cause of my stupid decisions. Though somehow I knew what to expect when I asked Jordan all those questions, I had a little hope that my judgements towards him could be wrong. Do I want to continue staying with a killer at home? What if I tell him to leave and he shoots me. I am such a disappointment to my self and all other generations that will come honestly.

Today I took the biggest risk. I decided that unlike yesterday, I won't try to wait for him to come back. I prayed and asked God to protect me, then I slept with the door unlocked. I don't want to wake up at 4am again. I sent him a message telling him not to call me cause the door wasn't locked and it seems he hasn't read the message yet.

I don't know whether he didn't come back at all yesterday or he did and then went out again before I woke up. I just left for campus.
"You seem so lost, what's up?" Leah shakes my shoulder , we're having practicals today. We're making garlic dishes and I opted for garlic and cheese bread, I don't want to make anything complicated. After all Mrs Kalu said it's better to settle for something simple than something that will take your time and not come out as expected.
"I'm good." I mutter.
"No you're not." She stands tall in front of me. I'm sitting on a bench waiting for my oven bell to ring. "I just miss my mom." I say. At first I thought I was lying to Leah but now I realize I do really miss my mom. She'd be brushing my Afro right now. She said brushing my hair was therapeutic for her and now I wonder what she does when she's not feeling okay.
"Why don't you call her you big baby?" She suggests and I smile. I'll call her tonight.
"Leah?" I call her and she looks at me.
"So I read on this other website about this other girl who helped some guy out with a place to stay for a few days and she recently discovered the guy is some sort of killer. Though he doesn't scare her and he's not that type of killer that just kills for no reason he's the type that can kill you if you provoke him. She was asking if she should continue helping this guy out with a place to stay or-"
"Girl a murderer is a murderer. Whether he's super kind and caring , if he kills people he kills people ,nothing will change that period! Very soon he'll kill the girl if she's not careful. She should get rid of the murderer." She says and now I feel bad because Jordan hasn't given me any reason to want to chase him out. Well maybe a little. He might have bought stuff without my permission and gave me an insight into his life that is not as pleasing as it should be but he is not a monster. At least not to me.

When I get home, it's unlocked. I have my keys and I'm certain I locked it. I walk in sighing to myself. This arrangement is going to be the death of me. "Hi." I greet Jordan who's busy on the MacBook. He's carrying a glass of whiskey. Of course he drinks. "Hey." He says not even sparing me a glance. Something's wrong. I go to my room and throw myself on the bed then I remember I brought my garlic and cheese bread home. After changing into a comfy gear
I take the bread to the kitchen. He's no longer on the sofa mmmh. "You baked." He startles me from behind and I nod.
"You got your own keys?" I look at him. I think it's time he knows we're not sharing this place.
"I had them made yesterday." He says looking at me straight in the eyes. The conversation I had in my mind has disappeared completely. I look away because his eyes are stabbing my soul.
"Okay." I say simply and attempt to turn. He grabs my upper arm smoothly to stop me.
"I'm sorry." He says. The eyes again. "I should have asked for your permission." He continues.
"It's fine." I look down.
"And I'm also sorry that I left without verbally informing you yesterday and I'm also sorry that I showed you that case. I now feel like you feel some sort of way towards me. You're not scared of me right" he asks and I look down.
"Sabrina?" He calls me and I remain like that.
"Great." He exits the kitchen. What on earth does he expect? Why is he pissed? Of course I'd be scared of him. He could have at least lied to me and said he wasn't a murderer.