Chapter 26

Day 4 of the Ethereal Moon (December):

Dining Hall, Morning:

Y/N's POV:

It's a few days after our most recent mission. I'm in the Dining Hall eating breakfast. Although, I don't really feel like eating right now... Not after that last mission. 

Y/N's Mind: (uneasy) Those visions. Solon. And... Edelgard... There has to be some kind of connection... right? In that vision, she talked like she knew him before he revealed his identity. 

???: Y/N? 

Y/N's Mind: (uneasy) And not to mention Dimitri. The way he reacted to the villager's potential deaths. I mean, don't get me wrong, it makes sense that he would be angry at that. We all were. But... he sounded extra angry. It was as though he witnessed something like that before... 

???: Y/N? 

Y/N's Mind: I wonder... Could this have been what the Tragedy of Duscur was like? 

Snap! 

???: Y/N! 

Y/N: Huh? 

My thoughts are interrupted as I hear a voice right next to me. I turn to Monica, who is eating with me. 

Monica: (concerned) Is everything okay? 

Not wanting to burden her with my problems, I hesitantly nod. 

Y/N: Y-Yeah... Why do you ask? 

Monica: Well. For starters, you're staring intently at your food and poking it with your fork. But you're not eating. 

I look down and notice I'm doing just that. 

Y/N: O-Oh... Sorry... 

I put my fork down and start to get up. 

Y/N: (uneasy) I should get goi-

My sentence is cut off as Monica grabs my hand, preventing me from leaving. 

Monica: (concerned) Hey. What's going on with you? 

Y/N: Well... 

Monica: (stern) And don't say "it's nothing". Because you're acting way too weird for it to be "nothing". 

Y/N: (uneasy) Well... I... 

I look around to see there's a lot of people in the Dining Hall, and this isn't really something I want to talk about in front of a lot of people. Monica looks around and sees this too. She places both of her hands on mine. 

Monica: (soft) Hey. Why don't we go somewhere more private? My Dorm Room should do. 

I think for a moment and then nod. 

Y/N: Okay.... 

We get up and leave our plates here. We leave the Dining Hall. She takes my hand, and she leads me to her room. 

Y/N's Mind: (curious) Wait... Where 'is' her room?