I am an Idiot

Monami and Karan reached home after their little drive on the bike - happy and smiling.

Yashoda was busy in the kitchen so Monami straight away went to help Yashoda in the kitchen. "Maa main help karti hoon"

"Arrey nahi beta subah se bhaag rahi hai, rest kar jaa ke. Yahan sab ho gaya hai. Tu fresh ho ja jab tak tera papa aate hain. Main chai laati hoon"

———

Karan's room:

Monami was relaxing after freshening up. She was watching Karan complete a mock test. So there was silence giving Monami time to think about many things.

"Eeeshhh" Karan's voice suddenly rose up.

Karan and Monami looked at each other and Monami raised both of her eyebrows and jerked her chin up, to ask "what?"

"Score still sucks. Issues in two sections" Karan said as he analysed the scores . "I need to work harder"

"Hmm" Monami said "karte hain kuch tumhare in weak sections ka, by the way don't forget tomorrow's 11 am meeting"

"Kya hai 11 baje, abhi discuss kar lo" Karan asked

"Nahi ... important discussion hai. Let it be surprise for tomorrow." Monami changed the topic "actually mujhe abhi kuch aur baat karni thi"

"Surprise?" Karan's mind was stuck at that word, "Arrey surprise to tumhare liye bhi tha"

Karan pulled out a drawer and took something out. Then he went near Monami, sat on the bed and put her stretched leg in his lap.

Monami stopped him, "Karan... pain ke liye kuch laye ho? Waise kal se kaafi better hai."

While Monami was saying this, Karan wrapped a payal (anklet) around Monami's ankle. It was a thick silver payal with little hanging balls all through. Monami saw in amazement as Karan skilfully wrapped the second payal on her other ankle. Monami expressed her happiness by swinging her feet and letting the payal make a tinkling sound.

"Mujhe laga tumhare paas sab kuch hai, par shayad ye nahi hoga, so le aaya. Congratulations again on your achievement." Karan said.

Monami pulled her legs back, sat up on her knees on the bed, and walked on her knees to reach Karan and hugged him. "Thank you , it's very pretty"

"Par mujhe kuch aur bhi chahiye" Monami stated

"Kya?" karan asked.

"Maa ko bolo na ki main yahi so jaungi ab se. Hum unke rules to follow Kar hi rahe hain. Mujhe yahi apne paas rehne do na. Tumhari izzat ki safety mein koi compromise nahi hoga" Monami pleaded "Please"

"Monami.. kuch din ki baat hai, maa ko kaise samjhaunga. Ajeeb lagega" Karan said.

Monami was about to say something when doorbell rang.

—————-

Everybody was very happy at the dinner table.

Yashoda had taken out the best crockery in the house for this dinner. Karan was surprised to see it and told Monami how maa was very protective about this dinner set.

Everyone praised Monami , even Deepak. Monami was happy and thanked everyone of them and remembered days on which they had motivated or cheered for her.

Amidst the discussion, Yashoda mentioned to Deepak, "maalik, ek baat bolni thi, aap bura nahi maaane to"

"Jee bhabhi kahiye" Deepak said as Karan and Monami wondered

"Jee Monami ne to apne itni dino ki mehnat mein ek bada kadam le liya. Ab main chahti hoon, Karan bhi apne imtihaan mein achcha kare or MBA Kar paye. Taki bachchon ke bhavishya mein zyada khushiya aa sakein."