•| Chapter 2 |•

♡ Happy Reading ♡

Author's POV

As the first rays of dawn stretched across the sky, the vibrant streets of Singapore began to stir. The city’s skyline gleamed in the early morning light, and a sleek black Porsche 911 purred to a stop in front of GEMIFY COMPANY.

Yash Singh Rajput stepped out, his presence as striking as his tailored suit that clung to his athletic frame. With a chiseled jaw, piercing honey brown eyes, and an air of undeniable arrogance, he drew eyes wherever he went. His entrance was flanked by a pair of imposing bodyguards, their silent watchfulness adding to his commanding aura.

The lobby fell into a reverent hush as Yash walked in. The receptionist, momentarily stunned, managed a hushed, "Good morning, Sir" Her voice was almost lost in the silence that greeted his arrival.

Yash gave a brief, acknowledging nod, striding purposefully toward the private elevator. The sea of employees parted instinctively, their whispered conversations and furtive glances paying homage to his dominance. In the mirrored confines of the elevator, he adjusted his tie with a precision that mirrored his focus. His mind was a whirlwind of strategies and ambitions, each step calculated for maximum impact.

The elevator doors opened on the executive floor, where his personal assistant, a sharp-eyed and impeccably dressed man, awaited him. "Sir, the presentation is ready," he reported with calm efficiency.

"Perfect," Yash replied, his voice a low, authoritative growl.

As he entered his office, the usual buzz of activity ceased, replaced by an almost reverent silence. His domain, a vast office with panoramic views of the city, was a testament to his success and unyielding ambition. Yash paused behind his desk, framed by the glittering skyline, taking a moment to absorb the sight.

This was his empire, built on shrewd deals and relentless pursuit of excellence. The city below mirrored his own drive—vibrant, ambitious, and alive. Sitting down, he leaned back, a smirk playing on his lips. The weight of his responsibilities felt like a comfortable mantle, a symbol of his hard-won power.

Today, like every day, was his to conquer. And with every decision, every strategic move, he would cement his legacy, one formidable business deal at a time.

Yash POV

"So, should we consider this deal finalized, Mr. Rajput?" Mr. Richard asked me, seeking confirmation.

"Yeah, sure, of course, the deal has been finalized. We really liked your idea. So, let's move forward with the deal. But just a word of caution-if there's any betrayal on your part, the consequences won't be pleasant." I mentioned it with a sly smile.

"No, no, nothing like that will happen. Don't worry," Mr. Richard replied, slightly concerned.

Then they left from there.

I was working on my laptop when suddenly I heard a knock on the door. In my usual calm voice, I said, 'Come in.'

As soon as I said 'Come in', that idiot barged in. Well, it's no one else, just my best friend Kabir. He's been my childhood friend whom I can blindly trust. He's always been by my side through thick and thin, never leaving me alone.

"Hello janemaan, kya kar rahe hai aap?" he asked me in a flirty tone.

"Janemaan? Kaun janemaan!?" I asked him, clearly puzzled.
("Darling? Who's 'darling'?")

"Hawww?? Tujhe nahi pata?? Arehh tu mere janeman...." Kabir told me with his fake tears.
("What? Don't you know? Oh, you're my darling,")