He gave me a hug and I hugged him back, smiling softly. "I'll be by your house on Friday to pick you up at six." He said and I nodded. "Thank you for the chance." He said with a blush and I chuckled.

"Of course Kev." I said and he smiled before walking towards his friends. The two congratulated him and I smiled to myself. I saw Makenna and then went up to her.

"Kenna, guess what?" I said and she turned around. "Guess." I said with a smile and she closed her locker.

"Um... I don't know Sophia. What happened?" She asked with a chuckle, smiling at me.

"Kevin asked me to go to the dance with him." I said and I swear, I saw the corners of her lips fall a bit. "He was so hopeful and so nervous, it was quite adorable." I told her.

"That's great." Why did that sound so forced? It was as if she didn't mean it. "We need to get you a dress." She said and I shook my head.

"I'm wearing jeans, a button up, and a leather jacket with some converse." I told her and she shook her head, telling me that we're going dress shopping before the game.

"But I don't want to."

"I don't care, we're getting you a dress."

"He Sophia, what's the color of the shirt you're going to wear so I know what color tie to get?" Kevin asked me and I thought about it.

"Wear red." I answered and he nodded, telling me he had one already. I smiled and he walked away. I looked at Makenna and she rolled her eyes with a chuckle.

"Fine, we won't get you a dress. Just dress pretty okay?"

"I don't do pretty. I do me and me is good enough."

-

When we got to our house, I grabbed Makenna and looked at her. "If Derrick gives you a hard time, tell me okay? Just drop by." She nodded and thanked me as she pushed her skirt down.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?" I nodded and she smiled. She walked up to her house and I went into mine. I closed the door and then went up to my room.

I closed the door and then kicked off my converse. I threw them in the closet and then took my backpack off, tossing it on the floor.

I walked out of my room and went down to the living room. I sat beside Ashton and then yawned. "Tiring day at school?" He asked me and I nodded as I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"Are we going to Makenna's dance recitle tomorrow?" I asked him and he nodded as he ran a hand through my hair. "Do you know where it is?"

"Yeah, her mum sent me the address because she doesn't know if she can make it yet." I nodded and he looked at me. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" I asked as I quieted down. Suddenly, a loud rumble came from beside and I yelled. "Ashton!"

He laughed and I scooted away from him. "Aww, it stinks. Dude, put a damn cork in it." I said and shook my head.

"Sorry, I don't like things up my ass." He said and we both laughed.

"Ashton?" I asked after we finished our fit of laughter. He hummed and looked at me. "Cab you help me learn a song on the guitar? It's for school and I need help."

"Yeah," he said and turned towards me. "What song is it?" I shrugged and he hummed. He thought for a minute or so and then his eyes widened.

"Do you know John Lennon?"

"Isn't he some rocker from like the fifty's? Sixty's? Seventy's?" I asked him and he nodded. "What about him?"

"He made this song, it's called 'Imagine'. It's slow, but I think it'd be perfect for you." He told me and I nodded. He pulled his phone out and I watched as he went on YouTube.