Chapter-2: I Recuperate With My Rescuees

Chapter-2 I Recuperate With My Rescuees

Chapter-2
I Recuperate With My Rescuees

(Reminder: the titles for all the chapters are on Amelie's point of view unless specified.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lockwood's POV:

I quickly bundled the very light girl in my arms and make my way towards the gate to exit the graveyard. Before actually moving there, I turned to George, who was staring blankly at the girl, and said, "Get her and our bags."

George nodded and left to get our bags. I reached the gate out of the graveyard and called a cab. The girl in my arms was so light that I didn't even feel her weight in my arms. As soon as George reached us, holding the many heavy duffel bags, the cab arrived too. For the first time in my life, I took the back seat. The beautiful stranger-girl, whose head was on my chest while my hands were under her legs, was shivering violently. Her skin was still ghostly pale and her nose and cheeks were red, although her right cheek was technically blood red. The gash on her left arm was deeper than I'd anticipated. Her left sleeve was soaked in blood, though her black coat had survived. My attention suddenly snapped to the coat and a memory clicked into my mind.

"Master, can you please deliver this gift to her for me? You always tell me about how great she is and how much you wish we could be friends, so I've started getting fond of her. I want to gift her this coat for Christmas. I know that it's not very girly but this is all I can gift her" I say to him enthusiastically. He ruffles my hair and take the carefully packed present from my hands.

"She'll love it. Oh, I forgot about the gift she told me to give you! Here, this is a gift from her. And before you ask me again, no I don't have any photos to show any of you. She asked me the same and I had to decline. I want fate to help you two to meet, I don't want to ruin your first encounter. She agrees with me and says that it's romantic, so I can only tell you about her and will not show you any photos of her. Though, there's this one photo that I want to share with you. It's her in there and she looks so powerful! You'll love this photo. I've gotten many copies of this photo and you can keep this one. I've given a similar photo of yours to her, and my, she loved it! Look at this." He replies as excitedly as ever.

The gift from her is in my hands and her photo is shoved on my face. Man, he is rough! I took the photo and stared at it. Only her eyes and her chin with her brown hair are visible in the photo. She is so beautiful! I turn my attention to her gift which is as carefully packed as anything. I open it to find a...

The coat looked just like the one I'd gifted her a few years ago. Was it possible that this stranger-girl was actually her? No, I must be hallucinating. He said that she would never come to London if she could help it and I clearly remember being miserable and moving on. I'm sure that it's not her. There could be multiple copies of the coat in London elsewhere. The coat couldn't necessarily belong to her only.