Chapter-3: I Start Working at the Smallest Outfit

Chapter-3

I Start Working at the Smallest Outfit

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lockwood's POV:

"Your 'Broken Love' is quite trending but I love your book 'Plasma: a key to survival', it's more about The Problem. You focused on plasma there, so what was the key objective? Do you really think that plasma flows inside the human body too? And what are the chances of actually absorbing the ectoplasm with the living plasma?" George's voice came through the door. He did mention that Ms. Rivers was also a popular novelist. I vaguely remembered reading her books, though I didn't understand much. Her 'Broken Love' though, was my favorite for it completely mirrored my interests. And I'd be embarrassed to let anyone know where my interests lie, as it wasn't according to my age. Though, the same thing can be said for Ms. Rivers, but she's a genius, she'd be expected to act older than her age. For me, I don't have such privileges.

"First of all, I thank you for reading my books. Second, I focused on plasma because I'd just stumbled upon Marissa Fittes' secret accounts in a library. I'll show it to you sometime. I believe that plasma flows through our living bodies too and the chances of actually absorbing ectoplasm through the living plasma is almost 17.09%. I have yet to conduct a thorough research upon it, so these are just my assumptions." Ms. Rivers replied. 

"Are you sure the accounts were by Marissa Fittes?"

"Yes, I did a lot of digging behind them and concluded that they really were hers."

"That sounds so delightful! I can't wait to see the accounts for myself."

"The accounts were safely packed in one of my big duffel bags, I'll have to search for them after I settle in a place. I'm sorry I can't give them to you right now."

"That's no big problem but, Amelie, you mentioned that you just left Fittes, do you have a place to live in?"

"I...I will have to look around. Right now, I'm so helpless that I'd ecstatic if someone offered me a job or something. You see, I haven't really gotten my fourth-grade certificate. But judging by my abilities, it may look as if I'd passed the fourth-grade ages ago. Even with that title, 'The Optimist', I have minimal chances of getting into other agencies, except Fittes." She answered, her voice gloomy. My heart clenched and I decided to go with it, after all. It's just that we do not deserve her. I feared that she might think so too and would reject the offer. But it's either try or cry.

"Why did you leave Fittes? I mean it's an opportunistic agency besides being the best, what made you leave it?"

"That's...because...of a problem. It's not the happiest topic for me, you see."