We played games and talked until it was time for him to take his leave.

“Mizuki,”

I hummed, drawing the rows and columns on the paper for our next round of tic, tac, toe.

“I'm sorry,” he said after a long amount of silence. I didn't look up at him no matter how much it burned me to do so.

“What for?” I asked, drawing my X in the centre.

“For following them, going against Zephyr and putting you through all this.” He said, and I finally looked up at him.

“It isn't your fault that I am here.” I reassured him and gave him a small smile.

“But I am involved. I've been involved for so long, and there is no way I can turn back now.” He said, resting his pen down on the paper, and I sighed, dropping mine as well and sitting upright to face him.

“Kian, it is never too late for you to say you're done with this, I'm sure the others will understand and let you in. Sure, they won't trust you, and you can't blame them, but they will come around.”

“You don't understand what is happening, do you?”  He asked and I looked down at my lap, fiddling with the end of the shirt.

“I don't, because no one tells me.” I whispered under my breath.

“Mizuki, she doesn't want Cassius for a sweet reunion. She wants him dead. He's the only one who can stop her in her journey to conquer the worlds that have been created. Thanatos, Oridian, my world, and the moon kingdom will all be under her control, and slowly, she would reach earth. With wolves that serve her,  humans would perish, and everything would be hers.” He said, and I stared at him with wide eyes.

“She's not the loving person you wolves on earth make her out to be. She's a two-faced monster.” He finished my head hung low, trying to process the new information.

A two-faced monster.

Two faced.

Azura.

No, that's not even a possibility. I've known Azura since birth; she could not have been Elarian. Nope, I refused to believe it.

“I chose to help Koa because I thought it was the right thing to do, and I want to help you. I want to help you get back to Oridian, where you'll be safe and sound.” He said, and I let out a breath.

“How will you do that?” I asked eagerly, and he opened his mouth to say something, but we were interrupted by Azura and two buff men behind her.

I shuffled to my feet quickly and backed up in the corner as Kian stood in front of me as a shield.

“How sweet, friendship has blossomed between you two.” Azura or Elarian, I should say, said in a sickeningly sweet voice that irked my spirit and made me glare at her.

“Kian I should've known you were compromised, silly me.” She said and gestured to one of the men behind her, who immediately stepped forward. Kian didn't move. He allowed the guard to take hold of him, and I watched in shock.

Why didn't he fight?

“Zuki, zuki, zuki. I told you the first time you've seen me that I have always been with you. It's sad that we must part ways after this.” She said, stepping forward with her hands behind her.

“What are you talking about?” I spat, keeping myself flushed against the wall.

“I want my son, no correction, I will be taking my son. I'll do you another favour and take the pups, too. They'll be useful in the future.” She said, and the other man stepped towards me, and I moved to the other side of the room.