Arthit

I was at remedial lessons the next day when Lam walked in.

"Hey. Come on. Take a seat."

"Is it really OK for me to be here, P? What if the other guy turns up?"

"Well, he can go find his own tutor then. I'm not tutoring that lying piece of ass."

Lam just nodded and sat down in front of me. He took out his books, and we delved into work immediately. It was going on peacefully for about 30 minutes when the guy turned up. The asshole that I was supposed to tutor initially.

"Who's this? You are supposed to tutor me."

"Find your own. I'm not tutoring you anymore."

"You can't do that. The lecturer had arranged for all of this. If you are going to tutor someone else, I'm telling him.

Lam didn't want to get me into trouble and offered to pack up, but I held onto his hand, firmly indicating that he should stay. I told the other guy to get lost and do whatever he wanted.

The guy left in anger, but 30 minutes later; the lecturer turned up with this guy in tow. My lecturer said I had to tutor him only, or else I would not get any credits. I was stunned at this low-key blackmail. I stood up, packing my things, and told Lam to pack up, too. He was extremely confused but did as I said.

I looked at my lecturer and just muttered, "This is for extra credit. I don't exactly need it. I did it more as a favour to you. But since you want to take this douchebag's words, I don't want to teach anymore. I'm not doing it for you for this program anymore."

I left, with Lam in tow. There was silence till we reached the canteen. I told Lam I would tutor him myself at the canteen.

"Will that be ok? I don't want you to get into any form of trouble." I assured him I wouldn't and said to just focus on studying. He only had a week before he had to take the makeup test. Lam nodded and sat down with me.

That afternoon and the next few afternoons after that saw both of us either in the canteen or my dorm, him studying conscientiously and me teaching him everything I could. Lam attempted the test again, and his results came back on the same day as Park and Forth. He had done well this time, easily scoring a 70%!

I was in my dorm when Lam came by with snacks for me to thank me for all of the efforts. I smiled, taking it and just told him it was equally his effort, too. We were just chatting causally when that asshole junior came by again.

"Fucker! Because of you, I lost my tutor and you! I failed my test again!" He screamed at both of us. He reached out to hit me, but this time, before his hand even came anywhere near me, I saw him going down! I was stunned as I realized that Lam had just tackled him to the ground.

"I kept quiet because he was doing me a favour. But it doesn't mean I will keep quiet every time I see you trying to attack him. Who the fuck do you think you are? You have not seen my temper yet. Don't wish to see it. You will hate it."

Lam uttered lowly as he walked towards that guy who just scrambled and stood up quickly, stuttering hesitantly. He just growled at us in anger, told me to watch out and left.

"If he bothers you again, P, just call me, ok?"

Lam told me as he turned around. I nodded, a bit stunned over seeing Lam's angry protective side come out. I wasn't very familiar with him, and so far, I have only seen the quiet, unsmiling side of him but never knew he was capable of a temper. No wonder Kong laughed at me when I had worried that the other junior would try and hurt Lam.

I think Lam was more than capable of taking care of himself. Clearly. He definitely needed no hero, especially not me.