Something changed in his expressions and they softened. He straightened and held her hand. "I won't use you, Unaiza. I can never do that. It is me anyway who would become bad in their eyes. Think about me too. You heard the words he said about me. If I show him that I can melt anytime when he will pull anyone I care for in front of me, next time he will force me to leave my passion. First, he used Mom and now you. Everything aside I admire him for knowing that he can set up both of you for my doom. But I ain't an idiot."

She could think that for Aqia but she herself? What did he mean by that? That unknowingly gave her heart puffs of happiness. She stifled a smile.

"Me. How?" She whispered.

He shrugged his shoulders. "I make everyone think that I am a reckless, irresponsible jerk but I am not, Unaiza. I bullied you but I saved you from the real bullies as well. I pledged to myself and Mom that I will always protect you. Maybe that's why she was okay with giving you to me because she knew I wouldn't break my promise."

Her heart sank at this. He was only acting nicely with her because of a pledge made in childhood. But why was she even feeling sad over this? He wouldn't fall in love with her. She found herself stupid for even thinking like that.

Not more day dreaming now perhaps.

She licked her lips as she stared at the closed door. What if anyone walks inside? "Maybe you should leave now, Huzaifa. There's zero guarantee that none will enter my room."

"Why are you so scared, Iza? I am your husband," he told her.

She shook her head. "I am not scared but I said to Aqia Mama that I will not meet you for a few days. She would get angry."

"Not meeting for what purpose? It will only make us crave for each other more and I'll visit your room more often," he enlightened her with a smirk which caused all her blood to collect in her face. Yes, she craved him but she didn't think that he would crave her too. She was way too unattractive for that.

She scowled at him. "That's not funny, Huzaifa. Please leave."

He folded his arms over his chest. "Either come with me to our bedroom or else I'll sleep in your room tonight. Choose one out of it."

She brooded. "Huzaifa..."

"Tell me what you want, Unaiza. Forget about your Aqia Mama and anyone else. Do you want me to leave?"

Hell no. She was always scared of sleeping alone. And now Huzaifa's presence was very much of a relief for her. Not to forget she didn't even have her stuffed doll with her. It was in Huzaifa's room. It would be so difficult to sleep without it.

"But you will leave my room in the early morning," she said, fidgeting with her fingers.

He laughed slightly under his breath as he nuzzled their noses together. "We'll see that in the early morning. On which side of the bed you usually used to sleep?"

She lifted her both shoulders in denial. "I didn't have any preference."

"I never knew that one day we'll have to experience this. I'll sleep on your bed as your husband," he chuckled.

She wriggled her eyebrows."You still have the choice to return to your room."

He brushed his lips over her cheek. "Not at all."

Huzaifa turned off the lights and walked over to the other side and reclined on the bed as he saw Unaiza with an intense look. She blushed and lay down beside him. Now there was a silence in the room except for the sound of their rhythmic breathing. She suddenly felt weird about how all the things were happening. Huzaifa was so near her and she could feel the heat radiating out of his body.