Chapter 8 - Evangeline

Authors Note:

OMG IM SO SORRY MY LOVELIESSSS!!

I'VE BEEN SUPER BUSY AND HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO WRITE, AND IM SORRY GUYSSS!! I HOPE YOU ALL ARE STILL INVESTED IN MY STORY AND IM SO SORRY FOR THIS TINY CHAPTER!! I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WRITE IN EVANGELINE'S PERSPECTIVE, SO ILL POST TWO CHAPTERS TODAY JUST FOR YOUUUUU!!

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 200+ VIEWSSS!! YAYAY!!

Anyway I think I'm done now 

- sheepi 😄 

I can't believe it. Barrow saved me. I probably would've survived but would have been in excruciating pain. My jaw stings, but the knowledge that I am safe for a few more days truly does lessen it. I can't help but feel pity for Mare. She will suffer in more ways than one- all much more painful.

 Maven's words affected me much more than I would like to admit. Could Ptolemus and Elane betray me like that? I wanted to get out of here so bad. I needed to see my brother and Elane. They love me more than anything, the same way that I do. They wouldn't do that, they are merely friends, no more. They're connected through me, that's all. 

 My cheek smarts. I suck a shaky breath through my teeth, as I sit up. The silent stone makes the pain much worse. I don't think I can get out of here any time soon. 

 I hate the Calores. They've only brought misfortune on me and my family, and even then, we follow them like dogs. I hate my parents too.

 My family sees me as just another political warpiece. One to be sold away to another family, in hopes of being married. They don't see me with opinions, after all, I am just a woman. 

 Without my brother and Elane, I feel useless. With them, I had something to fight for. Here, it's just me. And Wren. 

 I don't think I can escape anytime soon.

Sorry for the SHORT chapter...

😏😏