𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧 - 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝑰𝒔𝒔𝒖𝒆𝒔

Entering the CCPD building my eyes wandered falling into Barry's arms wrapped around Patty

Entering the CCPD building my eyes wandered falling into Barry's arms wrapped around Patty. A weird feeling flushed over my body but I shook it.

"Hi," I said, walking towards them.

"Skye? What are you doing here?" Patty asked.

"Yeah, I thought you were going to stay home. The paramedic said you should rest." Barry added.

"I feel fine. All good up here." I pointed at my head. "So, what's with all the hugging?" I smiled.

"I got in," Patty said excitedly.

"To the Anti-metahuma force?"

"Yeah, Joe finally let me in."

"Oh my God. I told you, you were gonna get in." I extended my arms to hug her. "I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you." She smiled. "Well, see you around guys. I gotta keep up the good work." Patty walked away.

"What?" I looked at Barry. He had his eyebrows raised telling me I shouldn't be here. "I'm fine. I promise."

"You said the same thing last night and I had to carry you to the ambulance." He crossed his arms.

"Yeah, never do that again. I'd like to keep my dignity next time,"

"Come on, dignity. We have work to do."

I chuckled at his comment and followed him to the lab. We spent hours working on a case. We took a break around 3 o'clock and we ordered some chinese. After eating we went back to work.

"Hey, can you mix this please? I need to check on something." I handed him a Erlenmeyer flask and I moved over to the microscope.

A couple of minutes later I heard his cell phone go off. I couldn't help but overheard what he was saying.

"Are those gunshots?" He exclaimed. Then he looked at me like he forgot I was there with him.

Gunshots?

"Barry?"

"I- I gotta go. I have to take care of something." He stressed out. He took his protection glasses off and his gloves.

"What's going on?"

"I- I'll be back." He stormed off from the lab.

***

Next day I met Patty at Jitters before going to work.

"Okay, I'm freaking out. This is my first day as part of the Anti-metahuman force. I don't want to screw it up." she panicked.

"Hey, you'll be fine. Trust me." I reassured her.

"You're right. I'll be fine. We better hurry. I don't want to be late" she kept stressing out.

"Fine." I chuckled.