𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 - 𝑪𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝑴𝒆 𝑰𝒇 𝑰 𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍

SKYE

SKYE

Regaining consciousness, I gradually parted my eyelids. Attempting to sit up straight, I braced myself with one hand on the ground. Blinking a couple of times to dispel the blurry vision, I panicked momentarily, fearing I couldn't see. However, a voice reassured me of someone's presence in front of me. There, kneeling down before me, was The Flash. His movements were so swift that they blurred his face. A surge of happiness and gratitude welled up within me, prompting me to stretch out my arms, eager to embrace him.

"Thank you" I let out those two words in a soft whisper.

"You're gonna be okay." He said with a distorted voice.

He took both of my hands and helped me get up.

"Is the other guy okay? Slick called him 'Flash'. How is that possible? I thought you were the only one." I asked him with my hands still on his.

"Skye!" A female voice came from behind me.

I turned my face to see Patty and some other police officers ran towards me. When she reached me she stretched out her arms and embraced me.

"Thank God! You're okay." She retracted herself and smiled.

"He saved me. The Fla-" I swiveled my head but he had already disappeared. He's gone.

"Hey, kid. You alright?" Detective West appeared.

"I'm okay. Wait! Patty, he hit you. Are you okay? I didn't even ask you."

"It's okay. You just almost got blown up. A little bump on the head it's nothing" She laughed.

"Come on, let's get out of here" Detective West ordered.

The three of us walked out of the warehouse. Couples of police cars and an ambulance were parked outside. As I glance ahead I notice a familiar figure making his way towards us.

"Barry? Wh- what are you doing here?" I asked surprisingly.

"Joe called me. We came as fast as we could. Are you okay? I'm sorry I left you alone. I told you I'd come back and I didn't" He apologized.

"Why are you apologizing? You couldn't have known. And I'm fine, see?" I reassured him. "And also The Flash came to my rescue" I said proudly. "Wait. What do you mean we?" I raised my eyebrow.

He slowly moved to the side revealing two familiar faces. Cisco and Caitlin.

"They wanted to know how you were holding up?" Barry said.

"Hi" Caitlin waved shyly.

"Thank the Lord you're alive" Cisco surprised me with a hug.

"Oh." I looked at Barry's expression telling me to just accept the moment. So, I hugged the guy back.

"How many fingers can you see?" He lifted two like a peace sign.

"Well, that is a trick question. I can see all of your five fingers but you have two raised up. Very cute fingers with very polished nails." I joked.