Lianhua (Lotus) Village

Start from the beginning

Qibao nodded and continued to walk forward. Anyone who met them along the way would subconsciously stay away from them, which also scared many children into tears. Until they reached the end of the street, there were no more people around, and what appeared in front of them was a dirt road, the same bumpy one as the one in Xujia Village before the road was built.

Qibao saw that there were traces of people walking on it, so she took Xiongda and Xionger and walked down the street.

After walking for nearly half an hour, Qibao saw a lot of crop fields appearing on the roadside. Although the sun was strong, there were still many farmers wearing white and patched clothes bending down working in the fields.

A middle-aged man just straightened up and wiped the sweat from his forehead when he saw three figures on the road in the village. He looked like a rich man from his clothes, but the combination made him feel a little strange. There was a child followed by two fat men. This figure really shocked him.

"Village Chief, look, there is someone coming to our village, and he doesn't look like an ordinary person!"

When the man working in the field next door heard the sound, he immediately looked up, patted the soil in his hands, and said: "I'll go over and take a look."

At this time, other people working there also noticed this, but they just stood there, talking to the people next to them.

Qibao also surveyed the place, she could already see that not far ahead was a village that looked similar to Xujia Village, but on a smaller scale.

"This gentleman, I don't know what business you have come to my Lotus Village for?"

Qibao saw a middle-aged man walking towards her, clasped his fists and said.

Qibao also bowed in return and said: "Uncle, I was just out for fun, and I ended up here unknowingly. I'm not familiar with this place, so I'm really disturbing you."

"Young master, you're welcome. I am the mayor of this village. If you are here for fun, I'm afraid you are in the wrong place. We live in a remote country. Apart from a pond of lotus flowers, there is nothing special about the village." The village chief said.

"It's okay. Since I'm here, I can't go in vain. Can uncle, the village chief, take me to enjoy the lotus flowers in your village?" After Qibao finished speaking, she took out a tael of silver from her pocket and placed it in the village chief's hand.

"No, no, since the young master wants to see Lotus, I will take you there, but I can't accept the silver."

"Keep it, I've delayed your farming, this is considered my thanks for leading me along the way." Qibao said.

"Well, then, thank you sir, I will accept it." The village chief glanced at the two big men behind Qibao, and thought that only a rich family could afford to support these two people. Just looking at their figures, one meal would probably be enough to support his family for a whole day. Although he couldn't see what they looked like, the young gentleman didn't look like a bad person, so he took Qibao and headed towards the village.

Seeing the village chief leading the rich young man towards the village, the villagers working in the fields began to discuss among themselves in whispers.

"You guys, this young manster looks so young, how come his family is relieved to let him come out?"

"Don't think like that, how can a child from a rich family be the same as a child raised by us country folk? My Tiger isn't much older than this young master, and all he knows is to ask for food all day long, and if I don't give it to him, he'll make a scene, so there's no comparison."

"Look at the two people following him. Just by looking at their size, no one dares to go up and take advantage of that young master!"

"I just saw the young master giving money to the village chief."

"You didn't see it wrong, did you? I'm a little far away here and I can't see it clearly."

"Absolutely, it was reflected by the sun, and I saw it for real."

"The village chief's fortune is really good, if I was the one who went up to inquire at that time, wouldn't this silver be mine?" The man even patted his head when he finished speaking, with a look of regret.

"That's a nice thought, you'd better do your job honestly!"

............

Qibao followed all the way behind the village chief, to the entrance of the village, not far from the pond can be seen, the area is not small, which is full of dark green lotus leaves interspersed with many blooming in full bloom of the lotus flowers, a glance is very good, it is estimated that the village's name stems from this piece of the lotus pond.